Introduction to Windows Server 2012 & Linux for Beginners
- Internet Access
- A computer with at least 4gb of ram
- A 64bit Processor and 64bit Operating System
- THAT'S IT!
Learn the basics of managing Windows Server 2012r2 and Ubuntu Server.
In this course I am going to give you a foundation of Windows Server 2012 and Ubuntu Server 14. The goal of this course is to get your feet wet with both of these operating systems and help you understand the contrasts between them.
Many people would like to get into the computer field because of the lure of high-paying jobs but they do not know where to start - this course will point you down the right path!
This is an introductory course and you will be able to follow each step easily as my instructions are clear and concise! I will walk you through everything you need to do in order to get your Windows Server 2012 and Ubuntu Server 14 virtual machines setup and running!
Also there is no cost for the software you will be using in this course - it is all free! What are you waiting for? Enroll now!
- Take this course if you want to learn the basics of Windows Server or Linux
- DO NOT take this course if you are very knowledgeable about Windows & Linux
- Take this course if you would like to see what it is like to work as a Systems Administrator
- DO NOT take this course if you hate working on computers =)
- Instructor Introduction
- What is a Virtual Machine?
- Downloading & Installing Oracle VM VirtualBox
- Creating & Managing Virtual Machines
- Downloading Windows Server 2012
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Renaming Your Server
- Managing Local Users Accounts
- Managing OS Updates
- Adding Windows Roles & Features
- Event Viewer & Windows Logs
- Batch Scripts 101
- Windows Server 2012 Quiz
- Downloading & Installing Ubuntu Server
- Basic Linux Commands
- Creating & Deleting Files / Folders
- Managing Local User Accounts
- Installing / Removing Packages (programs)
- Ubuntu Linux Quiz
- How to Get Your Certificate of Completion
- Bonus Lecture
Paul is an IT Professional with over 11 years of experience currently working as a Network Administrator in contract support of various Federal Agencies in the United States.
Paul began his career by volunteering his computer skills at his local church at the age of 16. He identified a technology problem the church was having and designed a system to fix it . Other IT Professionals at the church encouraged Paul to continue utilizing his skills to gain experience, and emphasized that he should include it on his resume even though his experience wasn't paid. Based solely on the experience he gained volunteering, a large DoD contracting company hired Paul as an intern. As his career progressed, Paul moved on to another Large company to work full time.
Paul constantly pushes himself to increase the depth of his knowledge in the field of Information Technology and expand his skill-set, whether on the job or at home. Paul gratefully notes that he “had the blessing of working alongside highly motivated and talented professionals” who continually inspired and pushed him to take challenges head-on, and to make EVERYTHING you can out of opportunities that arise while on the job. His motto is "Any job is what you make of it. You write your own resume and paycheck by your drive to succeed."
Paul's goal on Udemy is to help YOU get an IT job by providing you a basic skill-set. The fact is that most entry level IT jobs (Help Desk) in the NCR are paying only 10k under the median HOUSE HOLD income from just ONE entry level job and a much higher potential to double or triple the median house hold income throughout one's career. The IT field is viewed as very difficult to enter, but if you have a good skill-set and determination to succeed, you WILL get hired!