Introduction to web development
- You should have an internet connection
- be able to save files on local disk
- have one of the recent browsers, preferably Google Chrome.
The course gives an overview of the standard website structure, provides with the useful resources. We will build a simple HTML page in the Notepad, without the use of specialized applications. The student will see three examples of Content Management Systems such as Wix, WordPress, and custom CMS; and will go through the process of creating the blog post with images. At the end of the course, it will be easy to start working on the website of community or the personal website or blog.
- Anyone, who has no or little knowledge about the way to support existing website or set up a new one.
- Website layers
- Data storage
- Page layout
- Simple HTML page from scratch
- Working with images
- Content Management Systems
- WordPress: blog post
I started my career as a teacher of the elementary school in Russia. When we moved to Canada, I've got QXpress certificate as a desktop publisher and webmaster after studying books of David Blatner (still have one of them). The same way I learned web development: reading books and playing with the code. I became the professional web developer, and in my opinion, anyone can do the same.