Intro to UI/UX Design: Learn in a weekend
What you'll learn
- Understand and define the various fields of UI and UX Design.
- Ideate and sketch wireframes using different representations of web elements.
- Use Figma to create polished and interactive prototypes.
- Learn how to design a series of wireframes for a mobile application
- From there we’ll look at how to implement colors & images properly in your designs.
- You’ll learn how to create your own icons, buttons & other UI components.
- Understand popular design techniques used by industry professionals such as wireframes, Type scales, Components, and the 60-30-10 color rule.
- This course does not require any prerequisite knowledge. This is an introductory course for anyone interested in learning about UI and UX design!
- You'll need a copy of Figma. A free plan is available on the Figma website.
- No previous Figma skills are needed.
- No previous design skills or experience required.
Hi there - my name is Jesse Showalter & welcome to Intro to UI/UX Design. Together you and I are going to learn everything you need to get started working as a UI/UX Designer using Figma.
This course is aimed at people new to design, new to User Interface and User Experience design. Even if you’re not totally sure what UI/UX really means, don’t worry. We’ll start right at the beginning and work our way through step by step.
First we’ll define what the differences are between UI and UX design
Then you’ll learn what user centered design is and what makes design “good”
You’ll learn about how to conduct some research
The you will learn how to design a series of wireframes for a mobile application
From there we’ll look at how to implement colors & images properly in your designs.
You’ll learn the do’s & don’ts around typography
You’ll learn how to create your own icons, buttons & other UI components.
You’ll learn how to create Components, Constraints, and Variants in Figma
We’ll build a simple Style Guide and pattern library for our project in Figma
You’ll understand how to make both simple & advanced micro interactions, page transitions & animations
You will walk through the UX & UI design process from start to finish as you complete your class project all the way through to the end.
Once finished with your project you will learn some crucial insights about getting hired in the industry and use the results of your project to build your very own design portfolio.
We’ll be focusing on the software Figma but I’ll make sure to explain the techniques & terms commonly used in the UI/UX industry. By doing this you will develop a mature understanding of the industry and will be able to confidently build on these foundations until you get hired for your first design job.
Now is the time to upgrade your career & go from UI/UX Zero to Hero.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who is interested in UI & UX design but has only recently started their journey into the field.
I'm a passionate and straight shooting Product UI/UX Designer with high proficiencies in problem-solving, visual UI design, UX design, user-centered design principles and methodologies, product development, and front-end development.
- Product Design
- UI/UX Design
- Visual UI Design
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Branding (Identity)
- Strategy & Planning
- Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite