Intro to Storytelling: Wow Your Crowd
What you'll learn
- Become a more engaging, clear and compelling communicator.
- Increase your charisma, using your voice, body, emotions and intelligence.
- Entertain and make a meaningful impact on your listeners.
- Learn how to brainstorm on the most story-worthy moments of your life.
- Discover The 2 Essential Ingredients for any good story.
- Include The 6 Senses in your story scenes to trigger emotional responses.
- Master The 5 Beats of classic story structure.
- Know how to answer the "So what?" question in your ending.
- Acquire a workshopping and performance-honing process you can apply again and again.
- Get tips on becoming a regular practitioner of storytelling in any community.
- You will use pen, paper and a device for recording audio and/or video like a smartphone.
When it comes to making a meaningful connection with other people, nothing compares to your personal stories.
You come to trust others, learn from others and are sometimes inspired by others based on their ability to share their stories. And even if you don't think you have stories, here is where you'll learn, you do.
In this workshop, you'll apply a series of practical guidelines, step-by-step, for creating unforgettable true stories of your own experience to use throughout your life. Please note that if your aim is to tell stories in the workplace about projects, brands, client relations and so on, The Story Studio has a course called Storytelling for Business also available on Udemy. This course, Intro to Storytelling, is about stories that may or may not have anything to do with your career.
In both video lectures and workbook exercises, you'll find the nitty-gritty tips and tools of a foolproof workshopping process you can use for crafting story after story.
What You'll Come Away With
After taking this course, you'll know just what to do when you notice listeners losing interest or sense that you're veering off track. You'll identify and explore the most affecting and fascinating moments you've lived through. You'll learn how to maintain suspense and build an emotionally resonant arc. And you'll be empowered from sharing your experience thoughtfully and with heart.
Be heard, be remembered and create the change you wish to see in your communication with dynamic and entertaining storytelling.
Who this course is for:
- Public Speakers
- Performing Artists
- People Working on Personal Development
With his writing and acting work on the legendary, critically acclaimed sketch comedy series The State on MTV, Stella, Reno 911!, Flight of the Conchords, the beloved performance troupe Blue Man Group, and the popular comedic website JibJab, Kevin Allison has created all kinds of stories. In 2009, Kevin created RISK!, the live show and audio podcast "Where people tell true stories they never thought they'd dare to share." The podcast is now downloaded by nearly half a million listeners per month. Kevin is the founder and head instructor at The Story Studio, a school devoted solely to the teaching of great storytelling. "I've worked with bestselling authors, famous comedians, brilliant teachers, and business people from Chanel, IBM, The New York Stock Exchange, HBO, American Express, Sunglass Hut and more," says Kevin. "It's a thrill to see people improve dramatically in their communication skills - and in their careers and personal lives - when they're coached on the nitty-gritty of bringing the most remarkable and emotional moments of their pasts to life again for listeners. It's not magic, but it sure feels that way!"