Intro to Scrum and the Scrum Master Accountability
What you'll learn
- Apply the Scrum Framework professionally and immediately
- What Empiricism is, and why it is so critical to your success as a Scrum Master
- Gain the essential knowledge required to pass a Scrum Master certification exam
- Better understand your role as a Scrum Master, and what you are actually accountable for
- A Learners mindset, and enthusiasm for Agility.
If you are a New Scrum Master, or are planning to transition into a Scrum Master role in the near future, this course will provide you with the foundational knowledge you will need to succeed in your new role. We will also cover the specific skills and tactics that great Scrum Masters rely on every day, enabling you to accelerate your own growth as a Scrum Master.
My Name is Matt Dominici and I am a Professional Scrum Trainer and Professional Kanban Trainer. I’ve worked with dozens of companies big and small, where I’ve coached hundreds of teams and thousands of individuals. I also haven’t forgotten what it’s like to be just getting started as a Scrum Master. This course will be the course I wish that I had available to me in my early days as a Scrum Master. It will help you to get started, AND it will also help you avoid some common mistakes, the kind of mistakes that can sometimes take months to recover from.
If that all sounds good, and you are willing to keep an open mind to go along with a learner’s mindset, I think you will enjoy and receive a ton of value from this class - hope you’ll join me.
Note, this course will grow over time, so remember to check back for new modules. If there is a specific topic you'd like to see covered, please contact me and I'll be sure to include it in a future iteration!
Who this course is for:
- Scrum Masters who have been struggling to realize the promised benefits of Scrum and Agile
- Scrum Team members (Product Owners, Developers, Scrum Masters) who need a refresher or to reset their existing process
- Aspiring Scrum Masters looking to change careers and get off to a great start with the fundamentals of Scrum
My name is Matt Dominici, and I’m a Professional Scrum Trainer (Scrum org) & Pro Kanban (ProKanban org) trainer. I’ve taught Agile to thousands of students from every industry and from all corners of the planet. I’m also a practicing Agile Coach and consultant - I’ve coached at companies of all shapes and sizes. From 30 person tech start ups to 80,000 person, 150 year old financial institutions. And that means I’m able to bring a wealth of real world experience to class.