Intro to PHP Web Application Development with Symfony
- Local or remote web server
Learn how to build PHP webapps following Best Practices with the robust Symfony framework
Symfony is a PHP framework design to build modular, robust and scalable web applications. In this course, we'll cover the basics of the Symfony framework with the usual Learn by Doing approach found in all other ZENVA courses.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to create basic web applications such as the sample workout log demo we make from scratch through out the course.
In particular, we'll cover the following topics:
- What is Symfony and what are the benefits of using it in your webapps (Symfony version 2.3)
- Installation and new project creation.
- Controllers. How to send back HTML or JSON to the user.
- Routing URLs to specific actions.
- View and the Twig templating language.
- Intro to Doctrine ORM.
- Creating a simple CRUD webapp.
- Including external assets in your projects.
- Course Intro04:32
- Introduction to Symfony09:05
- Source Code00:10
- Additional Resources00:15
- Installing Symfony Without Pain - Part 107:45
- Installing Symfony Without Pain - Part 205:09
- Installing Symfony Without Pain - Part 307:23
- Installing Symfony7 questions
- Bundle Creation07:05
- Controllers and Routes4 questions
- Views with Twig09:32
- Doctrine - Part 106:56
- Doctrine - Part 203:09
- View and Delete03:06
- Including Assets04:18
- Including Assets3 questions
- Course Evaluation Survey00:17
Certified game developer and Founder of ZENVA - the world's leading platform to learn game making, VR, machine learning and full-stack programming. Since 2012, Pablo has been developing professional-grade courses that have helped over 400,000 learn to code.
Pablo is a member of the Intel Innovator Program in the Asia Pacific Region, and has run live programming workshops in San Francisco, Brisbane and Bangalore.
Pablo holds a Master in Information Technology (Management) degree from the University of Queensland (Australia) and a Master of Science in Engineering degree from the Catholic University of Chile.
Trusted by 500,000+ learners and developers, Zenva provides world-class training on in-demand programming skills covering game development, machine learning, virtual reality and full-stack web development.
Our e-learning platform Zenva Academy is the leading place to upskill, learn and gain key tech skills for the innovation economy.