Intro To MySQL With Node.js - Learn To Use MySQL with Node!
What you'll learn
- Understand how to use MySQL Databases With Node js
- Understand the basics of what a Database can do.
- Install Node, MySQL, Git Bash, Wamp, and MySQL module
- You'll Learn How To Create a Database and Table
- How to update and delete data from the database
- How to explore what's in the database whenever you want
- How to create basic reports with the data from your database
- A Basic Understanding Of Javasctipt Programming Would Be Helpful
- A Basic Understanding Of Node js would be useful
- You don't need any special tools, we'll download everything we need for free. You just need a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer
These days everything uses a database, and MySQL is one of the most popular databases out there. FREE and Open Source, Mysql is a great database for just about all your needs.
Likewise, Node.js is one of the most popular and powerful web development platforms. Pairing the two together is a powerful combination!
You'll learn how to create databases and tables, add data, sort data, create reports, pull specific data, and more.
What Is A Database
How To Install Node
How To Install Git Bash Terminal
How To Download MySQL
How To Install Wamp and PHPMyAdmin
How To Install the MySQL Node Module
How To Connect to Database in Node
How To Explore MySQL With PHPMyAdmin
How To Create A Database
How To Create A Table
How To Insert One Record Into Table
How To Insert Many Records Into Table
Understanding Data Types
How To Select Data From Table
How To Format Our Results
How To Use The Where Clause
How To Use The Like Clause and Wildcards
How To Use AND and OR
How To Updating Records
How To Limit and Order Results
How To Delete Records
How To Delete (Drop) A Table
I'll walk you through all of this and more, step by step. If you have any question along the way, I'm here to answer them.
If you've ever wanted to understand databases or use them in your Node programs, this is the course for you.
We'll download everything you need for this course for free, you don't need any special tools!
I'll see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
John Elder is a pioneer in Web Development who created one of the first Internet advertising networks back in 1997. He sold it to a publicly traded company at the height of the dot com boom and then went on to create the best-selling Submission-Spider search engine submission software that's been used by over 3 million individuals and small businesses in over 45 countries.
Today he teaches Web Development courses at Codemy the online code school he founded.
John graduated with honors with a degree in Economics from Washington University in St. Louis where he was an ArtSci Scholar.