Learn Maya - Intro to 3D Box Modeling Techniques with Maya
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Master key 3D modeling concepts to efficiently model with primitive shapes
- Learn common hotkeys to become more productive throughout your modeling workflow
- Navigate effectively in 3D space, speeding up production when modeling
- Produce 3D models from start to final model all within Maya
- In order to follow along with the course and use any example files provided you will need Maya loaded on your computer. You can download a one month trial version from AutoDesk
POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS IN 3D
3D modeling is part of a huge industry that includes; movies, television, product design, video games and many more. As a 3D modeler it is your job to take a conceptual design (pencil and paper) and build it in 3D space within the computer (Maya). The magic that you will feel and master as your model begins to take life is something that you will want to experience many times over.
BEGIN WITH THE BASICS
This course will quickly introduce you to the basics that you will use to build your career upon. The basics aren't something that you will learn and then forget, but they will stick with you from day one throughout the rest of your career. You will learn to master 3D space and working with primitive shapes that will take a on a life of their own as you breathe life into them pulling, pushing and twisting the geometry wherever your imagination takes you.
Some of the topics you will master during this course will include:
- Basic 3D Concepts
- Working with Basic Primitive Shapes (Cubes)
- Accessing Sub-Component Modes of Your Shapes to Build Complex Model
- Common 3D Modeling Tools Found in Maya
- and more...
After mastering the basics you will then move on to creating a portfolio ready model. Through the step-by-step instruction you will take the knowledge you are mastering and create this model from scratch, starting with nothing more then a 3D cylinder.
Join this course and begin your journey from novice 3D modeler to paid professional. the journey maybe long at times but well worth the time invested!
- This intro to mastering 3D box modeling course was designed to give beginners in 3D modeling a quick entry point into mastering the skills necessary to build production quality models.
During this lecture you will be introduced to the topics of the course
- Intro to 3D Environment
- Working with 3D Primitive Shapes (Cubes)
- Using the Channel Box to manipulate shapes
- Activating and Using transform tools
- Working with the Object Mode and Sub Object Modes (Vertex, Edge and Face)
- Working with common polygon modeling tools (Cut and Extrude)
During this lecture you will be introduced to working in 3D Space within Maya's Perspective Viewport.
- How to move the camera along each axis
- Keyboard and mouse hotkeys