- 32 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Install and enable Solver add-in within MS Excel
- Formulate and solve a linear program using Solver in Excel
- Understand the components and objective of a linear program (using Solver/Excel)
- Solve for linear optimization graphically
- MS Excel will be required to follow along.
This course gives an overview of linear programming (definition, background, use cases) and then shows how to solve a linear program using Microsoft Excel through 2 complete examples. Below is a complete outline of the course:
Lecture 1: Introduction: Linear programming in Excel - course overview + use cases
- Quick introduction + our backgrounds
Lecture 2: Enabling Solver add-on for linear optimization
- Enabling Solver add-on in MS Excel
Lecture 3: What is linear programming?
- What linear programming is comprised of, and the general framework of solving for a linear optimization.
Lecture 4: Examples of when to use linear programming
Lecture 5: How to identify optimal solutions in linear programming graphically
- We will walk you through determining feasible and optimal solutions in linear programming given a graph.
Lecture 6: Linear programming example 1 - 'taking a test' (optimizing score)
- Test score optimization problem (our first example)
Lecture 7: Linear programming example 2 - 'Stanley's glass'
Students joining this course should have access to MS Excel, and a willingness to learn!
- Students interested in learning how to use Solver and create linear programs in Excel. This is an introductory course targeted at individuals with little to no experience using Solver for linear optimization.
In this lecture, we will quickly introduce ourselves and discuss our backgrounds.
Next, we'll cover the targeted audience for this course, how the course is laid out, and what you can expect to learn!
In this lecture, we'll discuss what linear programming is comprised of, and the general framework of solving for a linear optimization.
We will walk you through determining feasible and optimal solutions in linear programming given a graph.
Our first complete example! We will cover an optimization problem where a student is looking to optimize his test score given a set of constraints. A great first example and introduction to the power of an LP.