Intro to HTML5 Game Development
- Understanding of AJAX and JSON objects
- In order to run the course examples you need to install a web server such as Apache
- Any code editor (we'll use Sublime Text)
- Any current web browser (we'll use Google Chrome)
Learn from scratch to create games that run on all platforms and devices!
In this online training you will learn the basics of HTML5 game development by creating your first Mario-style platformer game. All of it using 100% free tools and frameworks!
What you’ll learn in this course:
- Creating levels for your game using the Tiled open source map editor.
- Loading assets in your game.
- Making a 2D platformer game that runs on phones, tablets, smart tvs, computers and maybe even cars!
- Understanding basic platformer mechanics.
- Implementing enemies and their behaviors.
- Putting it all together to create your first game!
- How to publish your finished game to the Amazon Appstore.
Don’t just make a game, publish and monetization are important too!
In the course you’ll also learn how to publish your HTML5 games to the Amazon Appstore and get access to millions of potential customers in over 200 countries!
Who this course is for:
- 02:56Course Intro
- 11:40Intro to HTML5 Quintus
- 00:11Source Code
- 00:17Additional Resources
Certified game developer and Founder of ZENVA - the world's leading platform to learn game making, VR, machine learning and full-stack programming. Since 2012, Pablo has been developing professional-grade courses that have helped over 400,000 learn to code.
Pablo is a member of the Intel Innovator Program in the Asia Pacific Region, and has run live programming workshops in San Francisco, Brisbane and Bangalore.
Pablo holds a Master in Information Technology (Management) degree from the University of Queensland (Australia) and a Master of Science in Engineering degree from the Catholic University of Chile.
Trusted by 500,000+ learners and developers, Zenva provides world-class training on in-demand programming skills covering game development, machine learning, virtual reality and full-stack web development.
Our e-learning platform Zenva Academy is the leading place to upskill, learn and gain key tech skills for the innovation economy. Our curriculum is organized about Mini-Degrees™ which cover a wide range of technical subjects and include video, project files and mentor support.