Financial Statements Made Easy
What you'll learn
- Learn what the three financial statements are
- Learn what each financial statement is used for
- Learn the basic structure of each financial statement
- Learn how the three financial statements fit together
This course is for entrepreneurs who need a basic understanding of financial statements and who don't have a lot of time.
It consists of 12 very short videos (most under 3 minutes) that cover:
• the income statement,
• the balance sheet,
• the statement of cash flows, and
• how they connect.
If you need to create a business plan or if you want to manage your business more effectively then you need to understand financial statements. This course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- Startups, entrepreneurs and small business owners with little or no experience with financial statements.
Hi there! I'm a strategy and business prof who likes to keep things simple. I'm also an entrepreneur who's been through the wringer a time or two. See the grey hair? Yes, there's lots of it. Want to know why? Because each of these grey hairs came from a problem, an issue, a challenge in one of my companies. Well, some of them came from my two kids but that's a whole other story!
You know what I wish? I wish some grey-haired guy had shared his experiences with me 34 years ago when I started out as an entrepreneur. Would've saved me so much time and money. Except, I guess, there was no Internet back then. Or computers. Or Udemy. Oh well, never mind... :-)
My courses are all designed to help small business people. Each lesson is short - a minute or two, most of them - because who's got the time? Plus, I believe that short and simple is better. Oh, and they're free so you can just jump right in and get what you need.
Full disclosure: I also own StratPad, a software company that helps entrepreneurs create business plans. So some of the lessons have StratPad's logo on them. Hope you don't mind. Who knows, though? You just might need a business plan some day and then you can try StratPad for free.
Enjoy the lessons, I hope they help you, and feel free to tell me about your business adventures on Twitter and LinkedIn. I'd love to hear your stories!
All the best,
P.S. Here's some more details about me and my grey hair...
• serial entrepreneur working on 4th startup
• founder/designer of StratPad (cloud software that creates business plans for entrepreneurs)
• adjunct professor of business strategy and planning, Royal Roads University
• MBA from Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
• former "big-five" management consultant