Intro to Entrepreneurship: Get started as an Entrepreneur
What you'll learn
- Understand and apply all the core concepts of Entrepreneurship
- Tell the difference between the realities of Entrepreneurship & the common myths
- Assess their own personality through the lens of Entrepreneurship & know how to find partners that have what they are lacking
- Focus in on the key traits and aspects needed to be successful as an Entrerpreneur
- Understand the Optimistic Deterministic framework of the future
- Understand and focus their Entrepreneurial efforts according to the correct venture process flow
- Align their efforts with the correct type of entrepreneur they want to become
- Understand the roles and expectations from them as their idea conceptualizes and grows
- Pick between what type of business best suits them
- Understand the concept of business modeling, and how new business models are creating exponentially more opportunity
- Understand and apply the concept of Scalability as an assessment tool
- Understand the correct & factual nature of business idea creation and set their expectations realistically
- Assess what skills and passions they have and apply them towards ideation
- Use 3 common techniques to come up with great business ideas
- Use 5 different techniques for easy validation of a business idea
- Understand the core concepts behind the Lean Startup Framework
- Understand how to create a pitch experiment & MVP based off their business idea
- Understand what options are available for financing their business
- Plan a strategy for attracting and pitching angel investors and venture capital
- Assess the viability of taking a small business loan and whether or not this is a good option strategically
- Generate business ideas that are insightful and actionable
- Understand business dynamics as they relate to idea generation
- Analyze 4 different sections of the business value chain for potential opportunities
- Understand the 5 different types of core innovation and how to apply them
- How to objectively assess their skills, passions, hobbies, & interests
- Understand the difference between business types and which one to aim for
- Use common techniques like problem identification to come up with ideas
- Use advanced techniques like disintermediation, local modifiers, market enablers to craft ideas
- Understand how to apply new, disruptive business models like Saas, Sharing economy, & PWYW
- Create business ideas that are not only specific but are complete
- Quickly evaluate and re-prioritize ideas based off 5 dimensions
- Understand the value of their ideas and what to focus on first
- Bring context into their environment and not get discouraged
- Familiarity with common companies will help but is not necessary
Starting your own business is scary. Really scary.
How do you know if your idea is any good? Or if your customers will ever show up?
How do you know... what you're doing AT ALL?
There's no place, degree, or university that can teach you how to become a successful Entrepreneur.
You just have to get out there and learn everything for yourself. One step at a time....
Entrepreneurship is not a mythical, illusive creature and it's not a secret that's hidden behind doors.
You CAN learn how to become a successful Entrepreneur and you CAN learn how to prepare yourself.
In this course, we're going to do just that.
You're going to learn everything you need to know about being an Entrepreneur, like:
The core concepts
How to think like an Entrepreneur
What you should care about and conversely ignore
How to go about gathering the resources you need to tackle your dream
And when you're completely ready to go toe to toe with any "veteran" business owner out there, you're going to learn something they wish they knew:
How to consistently come up with insightful, actionable business ideas
It's everything you need to get started.
You'll go from 0 to Entrepreneur in no time.
About the instructor:
Top rated Udemy Instructor with over 30,000 five star reviews.
Teaches 11 different courses on Entrepreneurship, with over 500,000 students enrolled.
All courses by the instructor have are rated an average of 4.97 out of 5 stars.
+ Worked as a VC and was in charge of deal flow in Silicon Valley. Oversaw investments in large companies like Facebook, LinkedIn, & Tesla.
+ Startup founder for 5 years, raised 3 rounds of capital worth several millions of dollars.
+ Currently Director of a Digital Agency that specializes in taking ideas from raw concept all the way to launch.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in starting their own business and becoming self employed
- Anyone interested in becoming an Entrepreneur
Hi, I'm Evan Kimbrell. Thanks for checking out my course.
**My courses have been featured in Forbes, CNN, Entrepreneur Magazine, BusinessInsider, BuzzFeed, Mashable, TheNextWeb, The Daily Beast, & Techcrunch**
Currently, I'm the Founder and Director of Sprintkick, a full-service, referral-only digital agency based out of San Francisco. Over the past four years I've overseen the development and launch of over 100 web and mobile apps. Clients range from two-man bootstrapping startups to multibillion dollar Fortune 100s like Wal-Mart, Dick's Sporting Goods, and GNC.
Prior to Sprintkick I worked as a VC for a new firm called Juvo Capital, based out of L.A. I spearheaded the firm's expansion into Silicon Valley and into the Consumer Web tech category.
In the long long ago, I was a co-founder for an educational software startup called ScholarPRO that raised a ton of money and then spectacularly blew up (in the bad way). Before it exploded like the Death Star, I went through five tech incubators (yes, five): Tech Stars, Excelerate Labs, MassChallenge, Babson Venture Program, and Sparkseed.
Hope you enjoy my courses!