A Complete Introduction to the C++ Programming Language
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Comfortably write, compile, link and run C++ programs
- Solve problems using the C++ programming language
- Apply modern C++ programming practices
This lecture introduces you to the entire course. This is where you get to find out what the course is all about, how it's structured and what it actually covers.
What is this beast we call C++? Why is it worth learning C++ as opposed to C#, Java or <insert fancy language here>?
Let's talk about the industries that use C++ most, and why they are using it.
We discuss the notion of a type system, what it means to work with a statically typed language, and the difference between built-in and user-defined types.
- Very basic maths knowledge
- Experience in programming beneficial but not essential
This course will teach you the fundamentals of the C++ programming language, with a focus on Modern C++ features and the efficient use of tools. Start with the fundamentals and work your way up to advanced C++11 concepts and OOP mastery!
Here are some of the things we are going to cover:
- C++ ecosystem: compilers, IDEs
- The compilation process
- Data types: numeric, strings, arrays, etc.
- Control flow
- Memory management
- User-defined types
- Object-oriented programming
- Fast-paced, yet feature-complete
- Covers only modern C++ (C++11, C++14, etc.)... no legacy C/C++!
- Opinionated towards best practices
- Additional content – driven by you!
- Beginner C++ programmers
- Developers wishing to learn C++