Intro to AutoHotkey / How to hack your Windows PC with AHK
What you'll learn
- All the basics of Installing and using AutoHotkey to automate your Windows PC
- What Desktop Automation / Robotics Process Automation is and where AutoHotkey fits in it
- How to Automate tasks on your Windows computers
- How to hack your computer and make better use of time management
- How to work smarter, not harder and get more done in less time with this free desktop support tool
- Which version of AutoHotkey they should use
- Which Editor / IDE to start with
- People who like Leila Gharani tutorials
- Have a Windows PC running XP, Win 7, Win 8 or Win 10
- Wanting to get more done in less time
- The desire to work smarter, not harder
- The willingness to invest in yourself
In this course we learn how to use AutoHotkey. First we learn about Desktop Automation & Robotics Process Automation (RPA). We take our first steps learning how to program in AutoHotkey. This course is for non-programmers that want to learn how to use this free (open source) tool!
Robotics Process Automation is a BOOMING field. Most other tools (UIPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, etc.) cost $10,000 plus per license while AutoHotkey is free! What's really great about AutoHotkey is that after you write a script, you can share it by right-clicking the script and compiling it. In about 2 seconds you have an executable that will run on most Windows computers (Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10)
This course covers the basics and is designed for non-programmers wanting to automate the mundane with AutoHotkeys
AutoHotkey is an amazing scripting language that can do amazing things! This course begins the journey leaning AutoHotkey. Learning AutoHotkey will reduce the need for time management by making you more productive. AutoHotkey will help you make your computer more personal!
Want to hack windows? AutoHotkey is by far the easiest way to automate your Windows computer. Desktop support experts often leverage AutoHotkey to streamline the onboarding process.
This is a great tool equivalent to xdotool on Linux
AutoHotkey is more standardized than Selenium (Although you can use the two together)
There are some great, and free, Macro Recorders for AutoHotkey. These can help new users automate their Windows comptuers
You can leverage AutoHotkey to send commands to the Windows command line / cmd
Automate Copying / Pasting / Sending Mouse clicks to windows programs
AutoHotkey can be used to automate Excel VBA, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and perform web scraping with Internet Explorer or Chrome. What's great is you can Automate Excel just like you do with VBA and then send your file out without an Excel Macro.
Easily parse text with Regular Expressions (RegEx) or some of the built-in String parsing functions that AutoHotkey has.
This course is created for people entirely new to desktop automation. There's no previous requirements other than having a Windows computer that you want to hack!
Here's a high-level overview of what you'll learn
Which version of AHK to use
A great AutoHotkey editor / IDE to use
When to have multiple verse single scripts
Understanding the Auto-Execute section
Hotkeys & Hotstrings
Hacking windows programs to remap keys to your preferences
Sending mouse clicks
Assigning values to variables
Evaluating conditions (Using the if command, etc.)
Displaying Splash screens & tool tips to inform users of the scripts progress
Go subs / Subroutines
How to use AutoHotkey functions and create your own!
Using the #Include directive & when you don't need to!
Some of the very cool built-in AutoHotkey variables
How to Activate a window / Check if it exists
Moving, hiding and showing windows
Setting and getting the statusbar
Troubleshooting your scripts / Best practices & tips for what to do when things go wrong
Who this course is for:
- Windows / PC users
- People that want to work Smarter, not Harder
- Desire to learn Desktop Automation / Robotics Process Automation
- Willing to invest some time up-front to save time and $ later
- Business owners that don't want to spend tens-of-thousands of dollars on better-known (but less powerful) Robotics Process Automation software
- People wanting to hack their windows PC
- People wanting to learn how to use AutoHotkey
I've been using AutoHotkey for over 10 years. I've given ~60 webinars on AutoHotkey and have a weekly podcast discussing Robotics Process Automation with AutoHotkey.
I also have over 850+ videos on YouTube teaching people how to automate the mundane with AutoHotkey.
I'm not a programmer by trade so I don't explain things in a way that is ridiculously complicated.
I love helping people automate their daily tasks! AutoHotkey is a "game changer" and will save you an amazing amount of time. Start learning to work Smarter, not Harder today!