Introduction to green buildings
What you'll learn
- Understand environmental impacts of buildings
- List design strategies for green buildings
- Discuss sustainability in the context of green buildings
- Enumerate green building standards and benchmarks
- This is a beginner level course focused on green building design strategies. You do not need any prior experience or knowledge about green buildings. Being familiar with the building construction industry or studying architecture will be helpful
This course is approved for 0.5 GBCI Continuation Education (CE) credits.
While the building sector is one of the biggest contributors to global warming and climate change, it also has the greatest potential for mitigation. Green Buildings are designed to have reduced environmental impacts in terms of energy, water, transportation, waste and the indoor environment.
This course enumerates the goals and strategies for designing a green building. You’ll also understand how different benchmarks and standards for green buildings have evolved over time and where they’re headed in the future.
This course is organized in small modules. The first module elaborates on the environmental impacts of buildings. The second module will help you understand what green buildings are. Next, you will understand various strategies of green building design in the third module. Finally, the fourth module will provide you an insight to where green buildings are headed in the future.
The course content has high-quality visuals to provide you an engaging and insightful learning experience. At the end of the course, you’ll have complete clarity on what green buildings are all about.
Who this course is for:
- If you are associated with the building industry either on the design side or the construction side, this course is relevant for you.
- If you have been intrigued about green buildings, but wanted to learn the fundamentals, you can consider this as a foundation course
- If you are currently studying architecture, and interested in sustainability, this course is a primer for you.
- If you are an architect and want to design green buildings, this course is just for you !
Environmental Design Solutions [EDS] is a sustainability advisory firm focusing on the built environment. Since its inception in 2002, EDS has worked on over 350 green building and energy efficiency projects worldwide. The diverse milieu of its team of experts converges on climate change mitigation policies, energy efficient building design, building code development, energy efficiency policy development, energy simulation and green building certification.
EDS has expertise in providing capacity building and training in various areas of sustainability. The courses are designed by experts from EDS who are experienced in teaching high quality in-person and online courses.