Intro to Ashtanga Yoga
What you'll learn
- Ashtanga Yoga, breath control, and posture names in Sanskrit
- Appropriate sequencing, count, and transitions
- Light anatomy and muscular skeletal awareness
- Mental and Physical Resilience
- Focus on Primary Series (Half and Full Series)
- Opening and Closing chants included (and optional to expand your knowledge)
- Functional movements that are the bridge to strength, flexibility, and resilience
- No formal requirements.
- Having some athletic experience is beneficial but not necessary.
- All levels welcome.
Whether you are new to yoga or looking to advance your practice, Ashtanga Yoga is for every healthy, unique being (H.U.B.) This course is led by experienced, authorized instructors who have deep knowledge in Ashtanga Yoga, Exercise Science, and Functional Movements. You will be guided through the Ashtanga practice with a specific focus on:
Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga (Half and Full Series)
Breath control and awareness
Strength training and conditioning
Traditional count and sequencing
Appropriate jump throughs and transitions
Posture names in Sanskrit
Instructions will be given throughout the warm-up, as well as the standing, seated, and closing sequences. Postures can certainly be modified at anytime as you gain strength, learn balance, and optimize your breath. The opening and closing chants (in Sanskrit) are included and optional as you expand your yoga knowledge and philosophy. All the Sanskrit posture names, breath count, and transitions are outlined in a color based, printable cheat sheet to help you memorize the sequence as your practice progresses. General strength training drills and movements are designed to compliment your practice. These strength movements will help you to mitigate injury, build resilience, and breath control as well.
Overall, students will enjoy being led by authorized instructors as well as challenged individually to explore their own strength, flexibility, and mental resilience. The course is designed to allow you to learn at your own pace with reference materials for support. Additionally, if you are a registered yoga school or professional organizing workshops or supporting in-person clients, this course will compliment your offerings. Enjoy this course with unlimited viewing and LIFE-time access. All levels are welcome.
Who this course is for:
- New yoga students or existing yoga teachers looking to advance their practice.
- Personal trainers, yoga practitioners, and health advocates.
- Registered yoga schools and yoga professionals whereby this course will compliment your teachings to students.
Ashtanga HUB is a variety of educational courses, focused on yoga and strength-based movements. The concept of H.U.B. brings together every “Healthy. Unique. Being”, and you will be guided by experienced, authorized instructors. Our community is tailored for beginners, existing yoga teachers, coaches, schools, and personal trainers. Whether you are new or looking to advance your practice, you can explore, watch, and learn anywhere you want – at your own pace.