How to speak like an American: Part 2
What you'll learn
- Student will be able to speak with appropriate contractions and reductions.
- In this course, students will learn the rules off stress, and major exceptions to the rules.
- In this course, students will learn what reductions and contractions are and when to use them.
- Students must be at an intermediate level of English speaking to benefit the most from this course.
- Students are strongly encouraged to meet with the teacher in the live sessions for direction and extra practice.
- Students will need a quiet place to listen to the videos and practice the exercises.
This is a course for high intermediate advanced students of English. The course is given entirely in American English. The focus is on speaking with correct stress, intonation and"melody" in American English. The section focuses on stress and the many ways it is used. Skills are are explicitly taught by example. In the second section, the concentration changes to speaking phrases and sentences. Most of the lectures are provided in video. The last few lectures are given as a narrated PowerPoint. This is to provide practice listening.
Students who take this course will improve dramatically in their American English speaking skills.
Who this course is for:
- Students who speak American English at work
- Students preparing for exams like the TOEFL or IELTS
- Persons who have to give a business presentation
- Students who are at a high intermediate to an advanced level in English speaking
I have been a teacher my whole adult life, now going on 25 years! My passion is helping students become fluent in English.
My other goal is to help others with mental illness, so I have shared my story and my ways of living a positive life. All my classes are reasonably priced so students can get the help they need.