Interviewing Skills For Hiring Managers & Human Resources
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Organise interviews.
- Prepare for and control interviews.
- Utilise and understand effective questioning techniques.
- Qualify and confirm through listening.
- Understand the pitfalls to avoid in interviewing.
- Ensure a more professional approach to staff selection
- Develop an approach to devising the structured interview, ensuring clear guidelines and methods are in place
- Develop confidence in note taking and selection decisions
- Learn the selection interview process
- Understand the counselling interview process
- Identify the methods for an effective appraisal interview
- Learn about the discipline and fact finding interviews
- Participants should prepare for this course by becoming familiar with the job descriptions and person specifications of the jobs they normally interview for and also being aware of the interview system already in place.
The aim of the course is to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to perform effective interviews ensuring that the objectives of the organisation are met.
This Interviewing Skills course is designed to direct participants through the different stages of the selection process when recruiting and improve their skills when conducting and interview and/or when involved in the interviewing process. The course will ensure that participants have the ability to score and evaluate candidates effectively and assist them in making confident recruitment decisions.
The Course will cover the below topics:
Questioning techniques: 10 types of questions, when & how to ask them
Listening: Preparing to listen, listening barriers, non-interventional listening, interactive listening, mirroring, echoing, note-taking
Interpreting body language: Para-linguistics, types of body language, hands, sitting, standing, eye contact, orientation, proximity, looks/appearance, expressions of emotion
The selection interview: Preparation, structure, evaluation, follow-up
The appraisal interview: Problems, principles, SOS +5 Approach, style, interview tips
The discipline interview: The SNAP method
The counselling interview: The nature of helping, the WRAF approach
The fact-finding interview: Questioning techniques
- This course is designed for anyone who is involved in the interviewing process; as part of an interviewing board, at initial intake and/or internal promotion interviewing stages.