Job Interview Like A BOSS! How To Turn An Interview To A Job
What you'll learn
- Learn how to conduct yourself before, during and after an interview to make the best possible impression
- Top tips for following up with a recruiter when you have been invited for an interview
- Best preparation techniques for researching the role and finding out more about your interviewer
- Questions and answers from a live interview webinar with job seekers; see what other people asked and how we answered them
- How to handle questions in interviews; pause and think, engage with examples, wrap up well
- Showing up at the interview, where to sit, stand, how to introduce yourself and more
- Engage your interviewers with meaningful eye contact, balanced interaction and body language
- Following up after an interview; email unanswered questions, find out about next steps
- Write your elevator pitch and submit it to us for feedback; this the 2-3 minutes when you make your first (and best) impressions
- Manage virtual interviews and learn how to put backup plans in place
- What employers are looking for in interviews and how to best position yourself as the ideal candidate
- Dress code considerations for interviews; understanding role, industry and your brand
- There are no requirements or pre-requisites
- Students will get the most benefit if they are preparing for an interview or anticipating being invited for an interview
I am busy preparing for a physical job interview and all the content in this course is so helpful. I am really enjoying every minute of the course and I am learning so many great tips about the entire interview process. Thank you very much Peter and Tracey. You guys are amazing and super awesome!! Keep up the great work!!" - Shaunel Walker
In this course you will get the benefit from our 40 years of combined experience in interviews, recruitment, mentoring, coaching and career progression. Learn exactly how to handle an interview so that you maximise your opportunities in the workplace. Whether you are just starting out in your career or climbing the ladder, you will need to know how to ace an interview, this includes preparation, conducting yourself during the interview and follow-up afterwards.
You will learn our top tips for interviews to get the job or promotion you want. These are proven techniques that brings together Tracey's 20 years of graduate recruiting experience with Peter's 20 years of line management and consulting experience. There are engaging lessons, student Q&A, activities, downloads, PLUS you will submit your "elevator pitch" as an assignment which we will give you feedback on. Don't delay, get the job you want, but you will need to "interview like a boss!" ... get these top tips and more today when you enroll.
This course is engaging, practical and takes you on a powerful journey that supports your individual transformation as a student, or professional at any stage of your career.
Get the following when you enrol:
Engaging lessons that teach you key concepts and build up your confidence so you can apply what you've learnt
A whiteboard lesson that teaches you an overview of the course and your journey of personal transformation to achieve your goal
Activities for each major lesson so you can take action and apply what you have learnt and make sufficient progress
Downloadable worksheets that you can refer to and get the tips and tricks you need for your activities and actions
An assignment at the end of the course that ensures you continue to take action and achieve your goals
Access to Tracey Ashington at any time through the messaging and assignments feature of the platform
Encouragement from other students who are focused on the same goal, just like you
Articles, resources and additional material to maximise your learning experience and ensure you achieve your goal
Enrol today and we look forward to boosting your career with a job-winning CV!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is applying for a position, a promotion or going through a career progression that requires an interview
- People who want to learn about the interview process; how it works and what employers are looking for
In my courses you learn practical skills: "I feel like I am in a real classroom." - Kira Minehart
"What an amazing course! After finishing this course, I have confidence. Thank so much Dr Peter Alkema". Or Tulongeni Shilunga: "This is exactly the jump-start I needed. Very clear and concise"
I also help lead digital transformation at FirstRand, the biggest financial services group in Africa. I've been featured on CNBC Africa and won the Gartner CIO Of The Year in 2016. I founded and led the largest banking hackathon in South Africa which was published in 2019 as a case study by Harvard Business School.
I've taught over 17,000 students about business, academics and self-development. In 2020 I completed my PhD at Wits University In Johannesburg. The study introduced a ground-breaking theory of Agile software development teams. My woodworking book was published in 2014 and has sold over 10,000 copies.
Olugbenga Gbadegesin: "Excellent delivery" / Lebogang Tswelapele: "This is what I have been longing for" / Paskalia Ndapandula: "Peter speaks with so much clarity" / Amantle Mangwedi: "It was straight to the point and the sections are cut into nice short segments which made it easier to go through" Kathy Bermudez: "Excellent material. Well organized..."
Werner van Wyk: "Thank you Peter, once again your lesson and course have given me so much knowledge and understanding" / Yvonne Rudolph "I really look forward to take everything i learned in action" / Josephine Mahlangu: "exactly what I needed to know, absolutely valuable and helpful for my personal growth"
I've spent 20 yrs in recruitment, mostly graduate recruitment, helping fab young people find amazing jobs that kick-start their careers and I love every minute of it.
Whether it’s recruitment, career guidance, help prepping for an interview, building a professional brand, creating a career strategy, where to start as a grad looking for a job or the loads of other hurdles we face in our careers, I can help.
I'm passionate about talent and my perfect day includes career coaching, creating career strategies, professional brand building workshops, CV and interview guidance, mock interviews, salary / benefits negotiations and advising on exit and resignation processes. I conduct workshops and training sessions to share my expertise and help smart people find awesome jobs.
We work hard, we strive to succeed and we want to make a difference. We have the same agenda that is finding a job that makes us happy and a career that makes us proud. I'm not promising to find you a job but I commit to playing a part. Pop me a mail firstname.lastname@example.org