Interpreting Skills for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Understand various types of interpreting to choose and use the most suitable one for every situation
- Understand interpreter's various roles and responsibilities and fulfil them in a professional manner
- Be able to prepare for an interpreting assignment in the most efficient way
- Conduct interpreting assignments in a professional way
- Being bilingual or proficient in at least two languages
This course is designed for those who would like to gain a deeper understanding of what language interpreting involves and how to do interpreting in a more professional way. It will help you if you find yourself in the role of an interpreter in a social or community setting, or if you are considering a career in interpreting.
What will you learn in this course?
· Different types of interpreting, including remote and sight interpreting
· The role and responsibilities of an interpreter
· How to prepare for an interpreting assignment, including the following: conducting research of new terminology, learning new vocabulary, improving memory, using memory triggers
· How to give and receive valuable feedback and how to deal with complaints
· Main “dos” and “don’ts” of interpreting
Why do I need to take this course?
Interpreting is a highly skilled activity; learning about interpreting skills will help you do your job with more fluency and efficiency, and find it less stressful and more enjoyable.
Who should join this course?
This course is for you if:
· you would like to brush up on your interpreting skills;
· you are just starting your interpreting career; or
· you are thinking of branching out into interpreting; or
· you sometimes find yourself in a position of an interpreter when you are helping your community.
Who this course is for:
- Those who want to earn money from their language skills
- Those who provide interpretation on a voluntary / community basis and would like to look and act like a professional
Svetlana is a Training & Development Manager at TRANSLIT - Complete Language Solutions. Svetlana's background is in providing business, language and training services. She has over thirty years' experience in translation and interpreting. Svetlana has created and run many live and on-demand courses and webinars for interpreters. Svetlana is a professional certified member of ITIA - Irish Translators' and Interpreters' Association.
TRANSLIT is a Language Service Provider based in Ireland; it provides support to freelance interpreters and translators by offering them a range of training webinars, courses and programs. TRANSLIT is also the creator of TRANSLIT RSI platform and translit dot com Interpreting marketplace.
TRANSLIT's mission is to remove language barriers so that humans across the globe could be able to communicate and understand each other.