Build Authentic Relationships using Emotional Intelligence
What you'll learn
- Develop your understanding of empathy so that you can get better insights in how other people view things
- Build your relationships with other people through trust and a deeper understanding
- Relate to others through empathy to improve your influence and develop more satisfying relationships
- Recognize why some conflict is to be expected and why it is a part of healthy relationships
- Understand behavioral styles with a focus on your style and how to work with others with different styles
- Develop and build your social skills and your emotional intelligence
- You should have an interest and understanding of emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience is needed to benefit from the course.
- An interest in developing healthy, authentic relationships.
- An interest in how interactions with other people work and how to build them more effectively.
- An interest in learning about Social Interaction Styles - Driver, Expressive, Amiable and Analytical.
- An interest in advancing your social skills to grow and enhance your career using emotional intelligence.
- You should have a willingness to complete the practical activities to grow and develop your relationship and emotional intelligence skills.
Building relationships is something that we all do having learnt these skills from birth. Developing healthy relationships as adults means building on these skills and refining them so that we can adapt around others’ needs as well as our own. We interact with other people in many different ways - some of these interactions are transient whilst some of these interactions are deep and meaningful.
Building healthy interpersonal relationships is one of the ways that you use your emotional intelligence. The course covers the awareness and action part of how you interact with others in the outer world.
This course is a stand alone course for anyone interested in understanding themselves better and communicating with other people with more impact. It forms part of a comprehensive course that explores emotional intelligence in more depth.
Authentic relationships are built around mutual understanding that involves empathy, trust and an acceptance of each other’s values. Some disagreement and conflict will be inevitable as this is where learning, creativity and understanding occurs. It is not that conflict occurs that is the issue, it is how it is managed.
In this course, we will explore the way that you build relationships using empathy, how you develop trust, manage conflict and work within ethical boundaries.
The course covers Social Interaction Styles looking at the behaviours of Drivers, Expressives, Amiables and Analyticals and how these work together in teams. You get the opportunity to look at the four Social Styles, how you can work better with others who have a different style to your own and how you can use this information to build authentic quality relationships.
You'll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is made up of a series of lectures and interactive practical activities that involve some engagement with other people and some reflection.
The course material makes up a one to two day workshop so is equivalent to 8 -12 hour's training. It forms part of our advanced emotional intelligence course endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
PLEASE NOTE - This course is NOT for you if you are not prepared to work through the practical activities that make up a fundamental part of the course. Healthy relationships cannot be built by learning some techniques through watching a few video lectures. The course requires you to do some reflective thinking, to get some feedback and to discuss your development with others. I'm afraid that you won't get the best from the course unless you are prepared to do this.
There are SEVEN practical activities included within the course that are designed to help you to develop your interpersonal relationships with other people at work. These activities are
Reflecting about this Emotional Intelligence Course
Assess your Interpersonal Relationships
Assessing your Social Interaction Style
Checking your Emotional Bank Account
Care and Support in the Workplace (Social Responsibility)
All the activities require you to engage with them and do some work outside of the course.
The course is being continually refined and updated to ensure it remains current and relevant. Feedback is always welcome.
The course contains a series of Lightbulb Moments resource cards, which have been created to provide you with handy reminders of key points around topics covered within the course.
All PDFs can be completed online and are Section 508 / ADA Accessibility compliant.
All videos are High Definition recorded in 1080p.
All videos have grammatically correct English captions.
Latest update - October 2022
Who this course is for:
- This course will support the development of your emotional intelligence. It will be of interest to you if you are looking to develop your empathy and the way that you build emotional bonds in interpersonal relationships. It covers the aspects of conflict and trust that are fundamental to good relationships, along with ethics and social responsibility.
- The course also covers behavioral styles based on Social Interaction Styles to give you an understanding of your personal behavioral style and how to work with other styles
Hi. I'm Robin Hills. I am an emotional intelligence coach, trainer and facilitator with over 40 years' business and commercial experience. I provide knowledge and skills that help people understand themselves and others better.
I have the most comprehensive range of on-line courses based on emotional intelligence in business - not only on Udemy but anywhere on the internet. I am not teaching any other types of course as I am a specialist in emotional intelligence and it is the focus of my business.
My courses go beyond the fundamental basics of emotional intelligence covering many aspects of how it can be applied in day to day work to lead, grow and develop people in ways that build authentic relationships.
My work takes me into small start-ups through to large corporate multi-nationals and into the Public Sector with financial institutions, government departments and health departments, as well as charities. This provides me a practical understanding of how emotional intelligence works and applied in the real world, enabling me to keep up to date with relevant issues.
I'm a registered practitioner with the British Psychological Society and an active member of the NW committee of the Association for Business Psychology.
My company is Ei4Change (Emotional Intelligence 4 Change) - recognised nationally and internationally as specialists with expertise in training, personal development and coaching focusing on emotional intelligence, positive psychology and neuroscience in the workplace. Our emotional intelligence programmes are accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Over the last few years, I have delivered workshops at global emotional intelligence and neuroscience conferences. These have been held at Harvard University, at University of Manchester, in Cape Town, the Middle East and India.
I am the author of
- The Authority Guide to Emotional Resilience: Strategies to weather storms and manage stress in the workplace (published May 2016)
- The Authority Guide to Behaviour in Business: How to build successful and powerful relationships (published November 2017)
Both are available on Amazon.
Teaching emotional intelligence skills is a challenge at the best of times so these courses require you to take some ACTION and put into practice what you have learnt. I am here to support and guide you.
The learning process I use on Udemy is designed to work with you and the challenges you are facing today and tomorrow. It is practice-driven, evidence-based and directly helps you to improve your capacity to change.
Many of my Udemy courses offer you the chance to win a valuable prize as you work through the course.
All learners gain access to additional resources to develop emotional intelligence outside of Udemy, including a free book, podcasts and subscription to a digital magazine - Ei-Matters.
I look forward to empowering your emotional management.