The Internet Security Guide
- No previous knowledge required
- Just using the internet
This course is my contribution as a Cyber Security professional to enhance the online experience of people by making it more secure.
The internet security guide is a series of online cyber security videos that severs as a security awareness tool on the internet.
The internet security guide will help anyone that uses the internet to protect and better secure his online experience by following clear and detailed step by step online security measures.
For the inexperienced user on the internet, the internet security guide provides step by step and easy to deploy security awareness recommendations.
For the experienced online user,the internet security guide provides straight forward tips and practical security awareness and I assure you that you will learn plenty of new tricks to better protect and secure yourself online.
Whether you are a grandmother, an accountant, a programmer, a university student... The internet security guide will give you important knowledge and practical measures to apply in order to better protect your identity online, secure your PC and keep your data secure online.
The internet security guide starts by introducing you to the Internet which is unfortunately not an online secure place, knowing your enemy on the internet means that you should know why hackers exist and what are the various types of malware (malicious software) you might encounter currently on the Internet.
Do you want to be able to identify the latest email phishing tricks, the different types of online scams? check the internet security guide videos.
Do you know that a hacker through social engineering tricks can control your PC or steal your online accounts easily... check the online cyber security video: social engineering tricks to learn how to secure yourself.
Do you know that by simply visiting a site, a hacker can control your PC ?!, check the internet security guide online video: Tools you need to browse the Internet securely
Do you want to know about Ransomware and how to protect yourself from this new trendy malware, check the internet security guide : secure yourself from ransomware video
You do not want someone to steal your Facebook account and starting posting on your behalf for sure, check the internet security guide: How to create and manage your passwords
You do not want someone to share your wireless internet connection at home or spy on what your are doing on your wireless network at home do you ? check the online cyber security video: Step by Step guide to secure your wireless home network
you do not want someone to steal your credit card number when you are buying online, so please check the secure online shopping guide video.
The internet security guide provides also a detailed list of all useful web links and tools needed to secure your online experience, your identity and your data
The internet security guide: online security videos provides direct examples and direct solutions to the attacks faced on the internet, although the tools are more Windows OS oriented, It is meant for anybody who wants to enhance his or her security knowledge and awareness online using any device. I hope you will benefit from it as much as I enjoyed recording it.
- Anyone using the internet
- Inexperienced internet users who want to secure their online experience and learn about malware, ransomware, hackers
- Experienced online users who want to learn how to better detect phishing, scams, social engineering
- All internet users who want to secure their passwords, wireless internet at home, online shopping, online browsing
- What you will learn in this course03:57
- How malware is delivered through websites04:24
- Phishing emails examples- can you spot a phish ?10:36
- Scams (old and new)08:02
- Social Engineering tricks12:54
- Tools you need to browse the Internet securely09:15
- How to protect yourself from phishing attacks07:00
- How to protect yourself from scammers03:09
- Practical measures to secure yourself from Ransomware08:19
- How to create and manage your passwords16:05
- Step by Step guide to secure your wireless home network08:56
- Secure online shopping guide13:28
- Bonus guide - Recap on all needed tools and links.00:23
- Bonus Home Security Gateways... Do you need one ?02:45
- What is the Internet ?01:37
- The Dark side of the Internet03:36
- The world of Malware05:12
A CyberSecurity Expert with more than 10 years of technical hands-on , pre and post sales activities, technical presentations and lectures.
A university Lecturer who maintained the highest rate of positive student feedback in the past 10 years.
Author of the book " Protect your digital life" on amazon
3 things define me: a passion for CyberSecurity, the ability to simplify complex technical topics and present them clearly and living by these words: Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.