IoT for Absolute Beginners| ESP8266 Smart Lamp Project
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand architecture of IoT applications
- Develop IoT Project using ESP8266 to control light bulb using google assistant
- And learn about the path ahead.
- Basic Programming experience
- NodeMCU ESP8266 & other hardware components to make Smart Lamp (Details are mentioned in course)
Internet of Things (IoT) is an emerging technology to interconnect objects using internet basically to share information using sensors and then we can analyze the data using software based tools there by enhancing operational effectiveness or creating intelligent products.
If you have ever been excited to develop IoT applications, then this course is for you! This course is based on hand-on approach where you will learn to make DIY (Do-it-yourself) Smart lamp project using ESP8266 IoT chip. ESP8266 is an amazing Wifi enable micro-controller which can be used to prototype our IoT Projects.
ESP8266 is quite cheap and very useful for IoT projects due to its ability to connect to internet. ESP8266 now a days form basis of many IoT based prototypes and projects. Join in to make your first IoT Project.
- Anyone who is interested in learning about new technologies like Internet of things (IoT)
- Students , developers and technical designers.
- It is a beginner level course, where focus is to understand architecture of IoT applications & make a small working project by end of it.
This course is about introduction to Internet Of Things (IoT) where we will use WiFi enabled Micro-controller ESP8266 to voice control a light bulb in you home.
ESP8266 is small but very powerful chip for starting IoT prototyping projects. Use this class to start your IoT journey.
Any IoT application has a four layer architecture. It has following layers:
- Hardware & Embedded Programming - Like ESP8266
- Communication Protocols - example MQTT
- Application development Platforms - For example Watson IOT platform, AWS IoT platform.
- End User applications and Interfaces. - Any web or mobile app where data can be analyzed.
After completing this video you will have clear understanding about the architecture of IoT application ( using ESP8266 ) we are trying to build in this online course.
Here in this video we will make our mobile application using Blynk IoT platform which will be used to communicate with NodeMcu ESP8266, which eventually will control the light bulb.
Later on we will enhance this application to provide voice commands to it.
After watching this video you have all the necessary details about the hardware components which we are going to use in our project. We shall use following hardware components:
Power Supply Module
Once our mobile application is ready, we need to program our ESP8266 chip in such a way that it can take commands from mobile application and perform the desired task.
To program ESP8266 we will use Arduino IDE which is text editor like program used to code for hardware devices like ESP8266 ,Arduino etc.
In this video we shall make the design on Fritzing software so that it is easy to follow while doing the actual hardware designing.