International Transport & Shipping - Logistics Management
What you'll learn
- How to Import / Export your first shipment (Air , Land & Sea)
- Overview of all the steps and timeline for a typical international freight transportation
- Should you ship FCL or LCL...
- Incoterms - FOB, EXW, DDP etc. - essential international terminology to understand your quote and responsibilities
- Clearing Customs - Top Tips
- Calculating your Volumetric and Chargeable Weight
- Logistics and Transportation as part of your Supply Chain Management
- Prepare your shipment - key things you need to know to avoid delay, fees, and ensure a smooth transit
- How to decide if to ship by Air vs Sea - calculate the value of time saved
- Selecting and Working with Freight Forwarders and 3PL
- Costs - all the expected and possible costs of making an international shipment - calculate your margin
- Documentation : Essential Documents you'll Need - What they are and why you need them
- No prior knowledge or experience required
- Only an appetite to improve yourself and enhance your business logistics
Can you believe that you will become a person who will with confidence start planning own freight cargo shipment or who will take a leading role in business’s operations like importing, exporting or freight handling? We definitely believe and know it!
It may seem frightening when you should start from scratch. Global logistics is an essential part of millions of businesses – big and small and making your first shipment really can be a very daunting prospect. There are a lot of responsibilities, risks, mistakes, pitfalls, the options are huge. That's why you are here. Our course includes fundamentals of logistics management and international trade. We will give you a reliable guide of what you should do, things you should prepare, how to negotiate and how to avoid the failures.
What will you get after the course?
After the course you will know not only the fundamentals of logistics and essential terminology, you will also know all the details of making a freight shipment. The course will prepare you for your first freight/cargo international or domestic transportation.
Course can help improve your industry knowledge with all the steps in an international freight shipment with timelines.
We will speak about 3rd party logistics providers and freight forwarders
This course also is designed to introduce you to key business about all the documentation, taxes, timelines and costs. Paperwork won`t be a problem after our course.
You will understand how the system works. It doesn't matter what you create, it can be manufacturing, services, retail, wholesale, import/ export or arbitrage. Our course is ideal for everything.
You will know the most common rookie mistakes in order to avoid it in your business.
The course will show all the quotes from transportation providers actual, volumetric, chargeable weight and how to understand them.
We will plan for all the costs involved and margin together.
Will make you a valued member of your team.
Become the freight transport authority in your team - get that shipment made and don`t worry about anything. Do your job knowing that it is under control!
1. Introduction (What is International Transportation Logistics? How does it work? Why is it prestigious?)
2. Industry knowledge and basis (All the information about international transport and export)
3. Equipment (types of trucks, planning the shipment, selection of containers and pallets, what will be a better option for your business and so on)
4. Documentation and paperwork (everything and even more about documents, nuances, preparation, mistakes)
5. 3rd Party Logistics & Freight Forwarders (what they do and the best ways to work with them)
6. Costs (Margin, calculations, templates and examples)
No matter where you work. It can be import/export, distribution, retail, logistics manufacturing production and so on. Our course is absolutely universal and it will give you a full set of fundamentals in international logistics. Let's take control of your logistics and transportation! Let you play a key role in your business's success! You can use our knowledge in your company just right now! Let's make your first shipment together!
See you on course!
Who this course is for:
- Ambitious Employees in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Sourcing, Customs, Warehouse Management
- Aspiring Supply Chain Managers looking to broaden their knowledge of their practical operations New Importers / Exporters
- Ecommerce Entrepreneurs / Amazon FBA / Dropshippers
- Small Business Owners
- People moving their life belongings and a hippo in shipping container
I have been working in logistics business over 5 years
On this Moment I am Operation Manager of Truck Dispatch Services INC
in Training Included Live Lesson with me - you just need finished this training and email me request I`ll put you on line and will be able to provide you -30-60 min live training