International SEO: Reaching a Profitable Global Audience
What you'll learn
- Determine if international SEO efforts will be profitable before starting SEO work
- Determine which search engines are the right ones to target
- The keyword research tools to use for finding keywords in other languages and countries.
- Determine the right structure for setting up multi-lingual versions of a website.
- Direct site visitors to the right version of the site based on their language or location.
- Add language tags to specific pages to help search engines understand who the page is intended for.
- Identify the right type of back links for international websites.
- A basic understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) is helpful.
- A desire to expand online audience globally.
- No software is required. Free and premium tools presented.
International SEO has it's own unique considerations as global websites target multiple countries and multiple languages. This requires international websites to have a strategic site structure and inform search engines which pages should be shown to specific visitors based on their location and / or language spoken.
This course is designed for those with at least a basic understanding of SEO and will walk you through everything you need to do to prepare your website for international rankings in the search engines, countries and languages you'd prefer.
Here we'll cover:
- How to determine if your international SEO efforts will be profitable
- Which search engines you should target
- The keyword research process and the tools to use
- 3 options for structuring international website content
- How to direct visitors to the right version for their language / country
- Language tags your site must use
- The type of back links you need for global sites
You should be learning and implementing international SEO if:
- You have (or would like to have) content in multiple languages
- Your website targets a specific country
- You are ready to scale your business
- Your website / business already has customers around the world
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with a desire to expand their online audience internationally.
- Anyone who would like to reach new customers who speak different languages.
- Anyone who would like to reach new customers in new countries.
- Anyone who currently has customers around the world.
- SEO's who wish to provide international SEO services.
Christine is a Web Design & SEO Business Coach at Portable Entrepreneur where she directly helps web design and SEO startups through education, coaching and services.
Christine has been a web designer for nearly 15 years - 10 of which she has been self-employed. Her work has taken her from working for some start-up dot com companies in the early 2000's to working as a contractor for the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense to her own home office.
In her time, she has built 100's of websites and blogs primarily on WordPress and Joomla. Christine has also provided training to individuals and businesses to help them manage their websites on their own with no knowledge of web coding.