International Management Success Through Cultural Awareness
What you'll learn
- Create a culture of inclusion by educating employees on diversity and inclusion policies and fostering a safe environment for underrepresented groups.
- Lead or participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives that promote equity, wellness, and career development.
- Manage multinational teams and stakeholders across cultures.
- Support management in conducting outreach to diverse populations.
- Leading global diversity and inclusiveness efforts
- Basic information on management would be beneficial. Experience with different cultures would be an advantage
As a cultural consultant, I have been able to work with individuals from over 25 different nationalities and have found one common thread: international careers are not only more fulfilling, they are more lucrative. This is because it is often much easier for international candidates to get jobs in their home country. As a matter of fact, there are over 450,000 jobs in the US that can't be filled because of a skills shortage.
Managing diverse teams has become increasingly difficult in the past, but it is a career ticket if you learn how to do it. Do you want to go abroad? Have diverse workforces or manage projects in multicultural environments? We help you succeed in such scenarios.
Managers from all industries are required to have an understanding of the cultural diversity, management approaches and conditions, and tools and techniques of their workforce. This course can provide that understanding by examining cultural differences that shape people's work, common management approaches and conditions that affect organizations, and tools and techniques for getting the most out of a diverse workforce.
The world is becoming increasingly globalized, yet many companies are failing to diversify their workforce. With the U.S.'s growing diversity and inclusiveness problem, it's now more important than ever to take charge of your future and prepare for this change. We're here to help! With our online courses, you'll learn how to work with people who come from different backgrounds - whether it's race, gender, age, or language - so you can help your company grow and be successful.
Who this course is for:
- Managers looking to better understand the challenges multinational projects will bring
- All who are keen to learn techniques to be used when dealing with different cultures
- Managers (and aspiring managers) looking to understand cultural differences in the workplace
My journey started in Los Angeles but moved on to different venues after adulthood. My first trip to Europe was at 19, and it changed my life's direction.
After finishing university, I moved to Berlin but in an unconventional way. I bought a one-way ticket to Hong Kong, not knowing how I would get to Berlin. China had just opened up the borders to individual tourists, so I ended up taking the Trans Siberian Railway through the Soviet Union, Poland, and then eventually West Berlin.
The goal was to stay only for 6 months. 2 years later, I moved from West Berlin to Vienna, where I eventually married a Viennese. We are in year 39 and counting.
We moved back to the US, where I started a career in customer service. Those learnings about customer satisfaction are still very much ingrained in me today.
We came back to Vienna right before the Berlin Wall fell, and it's been my home since. My career moved on to Project Management, Product Management, and Business Analysis, and I worked for different multinational companies.
I felt something was still missing, so I set up my own company 8 years ago and ventured into activities I couldn't have imagined beforehand. There is one common thread in all I have done. I love helping people and enjoy making a difference in any way possible. This, simply, has been my driver.
In addition, I have been involved in the world of academia for over a year in teaching this course and several others. There is nothing more satisfying than helping people reach their potential.