International Humanitarian & Development Careers
What you'll learn
- Understand the breadth of the Humanitarian industry in the 21st century.
- Learn about careers you can have in the Global Humanitarian and Development Industry in one hour.
- Take your first step towards becoming an International Aid Worker, building a social enterprise, creating a movement, or joining the domestic community sector.
- Explore diverse pathways to engage in Aid work - domestically or internationally, short or long-term.
- Identify your personal skills, strengths and weaknesses for leveraging social change.
- Understand how ‘making a difference’ happens; your role in the process and how you can use your current skill sets to ignite change.
- Individuals seeking a career with a purpose.
- Anyone motivated to facilitate sustainable change in the world.
The shadow of poverty continues to cast a pall over entire nations. Forced migration and asylum seeker rates are getting worse, not better. One in nine people are still chronically undernourished. These are the biggest issues of our time.
So why are the best minds of our generation working on optimising click-throughs?
Take your first step towards becoming an International Aid Worker, building a social enterprise, creating a movement, or joining the domestic community sector. Our exploration course gives you a taste of life as an Aid Worker in an engaging and friendly environment.
Learn about careers you can have in the Global Humanitarian and Development Industry in a few hours... just imagine what you could accomplish in a lifetime!
Who is it for?
Career Changers: Want to transition to a career you'll love? Do you have big dreams for the future? Are you keen to innovate? A Humanitarian career provides you the opportunity to change the world. Life as an Aid Worker promises job diversity, rewarding opportunities, and a purpose beyond the 9-5 grind.
School / University Graduates: Interested in Humanitarianism? Don't want to commit to a four year degree? Finished Uni... now what? Our exploration course provides engaging learning, networking opportunities, and is a stepping stone into the workforce as an Aid Worker.
Change Agents: Want to take your social change career to the next level? Learn the necessary skills to create sustainable change and explore career pathways across the Humanitarian, International Development and Stabilization sectors both internationally and domestically.
When building a successful humanitarian career… opportunities don’t happen, you create them.
Make the change.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone exploring an international career - from career changers to career deciders.
Humanitarian and Development professional with a career spanning the public, private, and non-government sectors in Afghanistan, Australia, Cambodia, Korea, Laos, New Zealand, Mexico, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Timor, Turkey and Vietnam.
From the United Nations, to international NGOs, the private sector, Universities and Governments, Cory’s understanding of sustainable social development provides the foundation for his work. Holding a Masters degree in Social Science and a Bachelors degree in Commerce; Cory’s mix of global experience, education, and innovative thinking is instrumental in his success achieving long-term change.
Cory is the CEO of Humanitarian Institute and a Lecturer at the University of Sydney.