International Expansion: A Blueprint for Success
What you'll learn
- After completing this course, you will be ready to profitably expand your business internationally!
- Analyze which markets to enter, best ways to enter these markets, forecast the impact of global expansion and keep your business growing.
- Assess opportunities with SWOT analysis.
- Receive a comprehensive checklist to help you move forward.
- Curiosity or desire to expand your business internationally
How can your company benefit from the global marketplace?
International markets present huge opportunities...but only to those companies with clear goals, in-depth strategies and visibility to measure performance. I'm sure you've heard people say things like, "There are 1.2 billion people in China and if I can only capture 1% of that market, my revenue and profitability will skyrocket." or "With Brazil's current growth rate, how can we not succeed by offering our product for sale in that market?"
When companies struggle, it is often because they:
- Enter markets without properly understanding the intricacies of their target markets
- Lack a cohesive go to market strategy for each particular country
- Are inflexible in their positioning or product features
- Don't understand the total costs of doing business in their target markets
- Refuse to invest the proper resources needed for success
While there are many large population centers throughout the world, how can that translate into a successful business? Not all markets are created equal, and when you take into account disposable income, unique regulations, competition, distribution channels and operating costs, you may be surprised at which countries you should be targeting.
This course will help you make intelligent decisions as you expand your business internationally. It provides a blueprint for researching markets, setting clear and realistic goals, evaluating various market entry options, modeling your international business and growing your global business long term.
As an executive and entrepreneur whose companies have consistently generated more than 50% of revenue and profitability outside of the United States, I have successfully setup sales offices, distributorships, licensing partnerships, R&D centers, joint ventures and mergers with overseas companies in Asia, Europe and Latin America. My course captures my years of learning into a concise, detailed plan to help you succeed in your international expansion. As part of this course, I also discuss many of the pitfalls to avoid when expanding internationally, because mistakes in foreign markets can be quite costly.
Since every company has its own unique circumstances, I make myself available via e-mail and phone to assist you in planning your global expansion. If global expansion is done right, your ROI can be incredible!
Who this course is for:
- Managers and executives looking to expand their business by going international
- Organizations contemplating partnerships with international companies
- Students studying international business, finance or economics
Anthony has over 25 years of experience managing fast growth high technology companies, specializing in building and leading global organizations.
Anthony has served as President & CEO of three US-based technology companies that have been acquired: CloudTC, Inc., Atrua Technologies, Inc. and AirPrime, Inc. Two of the companies (CloudTC and AirPrime), were acquired by foreign corporations. Anthony has also served as a division General Manager at Xircom, and as VP of Sales, Marketing and Business Development at several companies in the technology industry.
Throughout his career, Anthony has focused on international business. Some of his activities include setting up an R&D center in China; opening up sales and support offices in Belgium, Germany, UK, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore; establishing joint development agreements with companies in South Korea and Taiwan; and forming strategic partnerships with companies throughout the world in Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Anthony holds a BSEE from New York Institute of Technology and an MBA in finance from the University of Southern California.