Intermittent Fasting for Maximal Weight Loss
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Provide a working definition of intermittent fasting
- Describe the health benefits associated with brief fasting
- Understand the common variants of intermittent fasting
- Describe the type of diet to follow when not fasting
- Describe the types of supplements to use to optimize your results
- Outline a strategy for combining exercise with fasting
- Understand the unique benefits of resistance training while in the fasted state
- There are no prerequisites though an understanding of basic nutrition principles is helpful.
Intermittent fasting is a nutrition strategy that alternates brief periods of fasting with non-fasting. Fasting periods are typically less than 24 hours and no more than three days per week. The health benefits are numerous and include weight reduction and improvement in brain function. In this one-hour course, Dr. Michael Lara, a board-certified physician (M.D.), will teach you everything you need to know to get started with intermittent fasting. Included in the course are 5 lectures covering the following topics:
- What is Intermittent Fasting?
- The Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
- The Different Types of Intermittent Fasting Programs
- What to Eat When NOT Fasting
- The Role of Exercise: Resistance Training versus Aerobic Training
Included with each lesson are detailed transcripts of each lecture along with quizzes that highlight key points. Also included is the downloadable e-book, "A Quick Start Guide To Intermittent Fasting".
If your diet and exercise program isn't working for you, "Get Pumped" will show you an evidence-based strategy to finally meet your body composition goals.
- The course is intended for a general audience.