Intermediate Gymnastics for Girls
What you'll learn
- Learn essential techniques for intermediate level gymnastics.
- The students will know a wide variety of drills they can use to improve their skills.
- Learn skills and drills that you can incorporate into any practice session.
- Students will become more consistent performing various intermediate level skills and routines.
- It would be helpful if the students watched the Beginning Gymnastics video featuring Steve Nunno. Most of these activities should be performed in a gym that has training equipment for uneven bars, balance beam, floor exercise and vault.
This informative 84-minute program provides comprehensive instruction to help transition coaches and female gymnasts from recreational to compulsory gymnastics. Coach Steve Nunno and his team demonstrates numerous drills and progressions for each of the following events: floor exercise, vault, balance beam, and uneven parallel bars. This video is a must for those coaches and gymnasts entering into competitive gymnastics.
Two-time USA Olympic Coach Steve Nunno is one of the most successful gymnastics coaches in the United States. His gymnasts have won more national and international medals than any other coach in the country. He was the coach of Shannon Miller, who won five Olympic medals in 1992 and two gold medals in 1996. After almost twenty years of coaching top level elite athletes, Nunno became the Head Coach at the University of Oklahoma for six seasons. In addition, he also owned the prestigious Dynamo Gymnastics Club in Oklahoma City. Nunno moved to Tampa, Florida in 2011. He has purchased four gyms in Florida, in Lakeland, Daytona Beach, West Palm Beach and North Port.
In compulsory gymnastics every child in the same level does the exact same routine. This is done in gymnastics levels 1-5. USA gymnastics created the routines with the goal that the gymnasts have a strong gymnastics foundation before advancing to the optional levels.
In optional gymnastics the the gymnasts will perform different routines. There are a set of guidelines, or level requirements and routines are built around them. Each gymnast will select her own music and choreography (on the Floor Exercise event). Her routines are designed to show off her strengths.
Who this course is for:
- Coaches and gymnasts at the intermediate level would benefit from taking this course.
Sport Videos is one of the world's premier producers of instructional videos for coaches and athletes at all competitive levels. Our videos feature some of the top coaches and athletes in the world. We cover every individual and team sport from archery to wrestling. With 29 different sports and 94 expert instructors, we are ready to help you take your game to the next level!