Intermediate Greek Language Course (B1/B2) with Helinika
What you'll learn
- The Modern Greek Tenses (Present, Past, Future, Perfecr)
- Intermediate Greek Vocabulary (e.g. going to the doctor's office, going to a job interview)
- How to Tell the Time and Count in Greek
- How to Describe People and Items in Greek with Helpful Adjectives, Adverbs and More
- The Greek Subjunctive and Other Moods
- Completing Helinika's A1-A2 Udemy course is advised but not an absolute requirement.
- You should know the basics of the Greek language (the alphabet, the present tense, the articles etc.)
- Language(s) of instruction: 50-60% English, 50-40% Greek (with subtitles).
Learn Greek with Helinika. Improve your Greek language skills from home with interactive videos.
This modern Greek course for intermediate speakers covers the following:
· Let’s Practice the Present Tense (Ενεστώτας)
· Intermediate Greek Vocabulary 1: At the Doctor’s Office
· The Numbers in Greek & The Time in Greek
· The Greek Past Tense 1: Αόριστος
· The Greek Past Tense 2: Παρατατικός
· Intermediate Greek Vocabulary 2: At a Job Interview
· The Greek Future Tense 1: Μέλλοντας Στιγμιαίος
· The Greek Future Tense 2: Μέλλοντας Εξακολουθητικός
· How to Describe People and Items: Helpful Adjectives
· Intermediate Greek Vocabulary 3: Texting & Writing Letters/ e-mails
· The Greek Present/Past/Future Perfect: Παρακείμενος, Υπερσυντέλικος, Μελλ. Εξακολουθητικός
· Introduction to the Greek Subjunctive
Why learn Greek? | Modern Greek Language Course for Intermediate Speakers
If you are an English speaker, then you regularly speak Greek without knowing it. It is estimated that over 150.000 English words derive directly and indirectly from the Greek language. The same goes for most of the languages that are widely spoken in Europe. Now, add a different alphabet to the mix and the unique complexities of the Greek grammar and syntax, and the Greek language becomes a good choice for anyone who wants to expand their knowledge and learn new things.
Who this course is for:
- People who are want to improve their Greek language skills will benefit from this course!
Greek native speaker with a long experience of teaching modern Greek to English speakers (native/non-native speakers).
I graduated from Panteion University of Athens in 2015. Between 2015 and 2017, I worked for the Greek edition of The Huffington Post. I have also worked in the fields of content marketing and localizations (including translations from English to Greek and Greek to English) for two Central European companies.
I speak English, French, and German.