Intermediate Game Asset Creation - 3D Modeling in Blender
What you'll learn
- Use 3D modeling in Blender to create a practical, real world game asset that you can use in your own creations or expand upon into other game assets.
- Make awesome, AAA game assets by utilizing just the right tools and techniques of the software that you need.
- Save time and money by creating your own 3D models, quickly and efficiently.
- Learn 3D modeling, texturing, rendering, and exporting with Blender, the world's premiere 3D application for creating amazing game assets.
- Students who want to follow along with the project should have the newest version of Blender installed. We will be using the most current version at the time of this recording, but the tools and techniques are generally the same as other versions.
- A basic understanding of the software Blender, xNormal, and 3D Coat is needed for this intermediate course as we will discuss more advanced modeling tools and object management systems.
- If you are new to Blender or 3D modeling, you may want to check out "Game Asset Crash Course - 3D Modeling in Blender and 3D-Coat" before watching this course.
- The software versions we are using are Blender 2.78c, xNormal 3.19.3, and 3D-Coat 4.7.4
Get up to speed on the techniques and pipelines used to create high quality, AAA ready game assets!
This online course will teach you how to use Blender and 3D-Coat to create a PRACTICAL REAL WORLD project for your game asset ideas!
- Do you want to take your 3d modeling, texturing, and rendering, skills to the next level?
- Have you spent time and energy Googling Blender tutorials online, only to find out that it never covers exactly what you need?
- Do your 3D renders look plain and boring, and you want to know how to take your 3D models to the next level?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you're in the right place!
I know it can be frustrating watching other people post gorgeous looking renders and game assets online, while always wondering how they did it. You can spend hours or even days trying to find the right tutorial online to recreate a 3D asset. Even then they don't always cover the complete pipeline from start to finish.
That's why we created this course - to teach people just like you how to easily get started with Blender.
This course has been specifically designed with you in mind and we have developed a system to allow you to learn just what you need to know, only when you need it.
Have fun while learning! Learn by actually doing!
After enrolling in this course, you'll be taken through a complete intermediate project that will show you how to recreate a 3D game asset from start to finish. Follow along and practice while learning!
Downloadable project files make it easy to follow along and practice.
The best part about a course like this is that you won't waste time learning tools and functions inside of Blender that you will never use. Most courses will tell you about every little part of the program, which is daunting to most people.
Intermediate Game Asset Creation - 3D Modeling in Blender will show you the necessary tools as you apply them.
This course will cover every aspect of:
- Blender and 3D-Coat's Interface and How to Navigate It
- 3D Modeling a Complicated 3D Game Asset
- UV Unwrapping and Understanding How UVs Work
- How Normals Work and How to Bake Textures Into Your Model
- Texturing Your Game Asset with Smart Materials
- Exporting Your Model to Unity, the Number One Game Engine
- and so much more!
Whether you want to create game assets just for fun, or you work in a production studio and need this information done right this instant, this course is for you. We will guide you every step of the way and are here to make sure you succeed in your ventures. We are always available to answer any messages, discussions, questions, or feedback that you have.
Get a Certificate of Completion when you finish the course!
With our 30-Day 100% money back guarantee, there's no reason hesitate!
Who this course is for:
- This course is geared to anyone who wants to learn how to use Blender as well as intermediate 3D modeling, texturing, rendering, and exporting techniques.
- A prior knowledge of Blender is recommended, though students who are beginners and follow along carefully can learn Blender rather quickly as we cover the different aspects of the using the software.
- Anyone who is looking for a complete Blender course that explains every tool and facet of the application should not take this course. This is a course that provides a practical project for 3D artists in real world settings, so not every tool and function will be explained.
What would you like to learn today?
Concept Courses is a leading international provider of educational content in development, business, design, and more. Our goal is to make quality content so that you can learn a new skill, grow your expertise, and dominate your career!
You will find courses on professionals who are experts in their field. These courses are available in high definition (HD) and are available at any time for you to study. With a wide range of topics to choose from and an easy platform to navigate, Concept Courses strives to make sure that you are getting the most out of your education.
Our experts have the right course for you.
Software development, technology, robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and so much more is where the world is headed. We currently live in an age of electronics and computer helping us with everything from driving to telling us what we should eat for dinner.
This category is only on the rise and is a main focus for our brand. We have gone through lengths to find the best online instructors to teach development to you, in a way that you can understand.
Whether you are trying to learn PHP, develop the next game, or create databases for large corporations, we will help you find what you are looking for. If there's a topic you don't see listed you would like to learn, send us a message right away!
More and more people are starting their own businesses around the world. With access to the internet it's becoming a huge trend to get into business or start a business. Entrepreneurs are coming up with wonderful ideas across the globe and it's no wonder why people are turning to online resources for the education.
Business school can be costly. But online education doesn't have to be.
Now you have the chance to watch videos and learn from experts who have run successful companies or created their own startups. Not only that, but you will also learn from people who work in project management, sales, operations, and so much more. Our catalog has a host of courses for you to learn the ins and outs of business.
Another great field to study is design. From graphic design to web design, fashion to architecture. Design is all around us and careers for designers are in the millions.
If you are someone who has an artistic touch and really want to know things like Photoshop, Blender, or interior design, then you've come to the right place.
Shop around for courses in our directory and if there's something you're wanting to learn, let us know.
Hello, my name is Tim. The simplest way to put this is that I like making games. So much so that I've delved into every aspect of their creation from art and animation to programming and sound. If I had to narrow it down though, my biggest passions within this field are 3d modeling and FX animation.
I studied Digital Arts at Chapman University and I'm honored to have won the "Best Art" award from the IEEE GameSIG competition two years in a row. As a freelancer, I enjoy working on a wide variety of projects. From small indie teams to multi-million dollar foreign companies, I love it all and look forward to the challenges and experience that each has to offer. Most recently, I developed a VR experience to show off an AI program at a technology conference in South Korea. It was an amazing experience that helped me practice doing more abstract art styles as opposed to my usual realistic models and effects.
During the summers, I teach at a company called Digital Media Academy (DMA) where I teach topics like VFX, 3d modeling, and game development to high school students. The courses there are pretty fast paced because we have to compress about a college course's worth of curriculum into a one week bootcamp. Thankfully, this means that I now know how to compress and distill new ideas and techniques to their most crucial components so that YOU can learn them as fast as possible and get on the road to creating your own amazing games, models, and effects.