Intermediate AutoHotkey / How to Automate your Windows PC
What you'll learn
- How to use many built-in AutoHotkey functions (and create your own)
- How to work smarter, not harder
- How to use the Amazing built-in tools to AutoHotkey that can connect to Windows programs
- How to use objects in AutoHotkey
- Where free resources are available for continue their journey learning AutoHotkey
- 5 types of loops in AutoHotkey
- How to use Set Timers to give the appearance of multi-threading
- How to Save and Load data via ini files
- How to Read and Write to the Windows registry
- How to manipulate programs using built-in Controls
- How to automate programs using their menus
- How to use Simple and Associative Arrays
- How to use AutoHotkey objects
- Complete the Intro to AutoHotkey / Windows Desktop Automation (RPA) Udemy course (or program in AutoHotkey for 4+ months)
- Have a Windows based PC
- Have a mundane task you wish to automate
AutoHotkey is an amazing tool that can help automate programs on your windows computer. In this course we take a deeper-dive into programming with AutoHotkey. The skills learned in this course will help you develop better Robotics Process Automation software.
I highly recommend you either work through the Intro to AutoHotkeys Udemy course or have ~6 months experience programming in AutoHotkey as we hit the ground running.
We cover a lot of great tools in AutoHotkey in this course. But don't worry, you don't need to be a programmer to understand the course. Here's a brief outline of what you'll learn:
Some great default settings to have in your scripts
Various types of ways to Send data/text/actions to programs
Using a Set Timer to give the illusion of multi-threading
Reading and Writing to .ini files (great ways to store preferences & settings)
Reading and Writing to the Windows Registry
Automating programs with Controls (amazing way to automate older programs!)
How to automate older programs using their menus
How to work with 5 types of AutoHotkey Loops
How to work with Simple and Associative Arrays / Dictionaries / Maps
How to get help with your code
Take your next steps to learning AutoHotkey and how to put the "personal" back into your computer.
This course assumes you've already taken the Intro to AutoHotkey course. People having used AutoHotkey for more than 6 months can probably jump into it without having taken the prior course
Who this course is for:
- Guys working in Information Technology at high-tech companies with 10+ years of work experience
- Everyone that has programs that they would like to automate
- Beginner AutoHotkey users
- People that want to work smarter, not harder
- System Admins that want to streamline their processes
- People wanting to automate their Windows computers
- People ready to great tips & tricks to working with AutoHotkey
- PowerShell users that want a simpler approach to automation
- BluePrism & Automation Anywhere and UIPath users that are frustrated by programming with GUIs
- Python users that work solely on a Windows computer and want to automate their local processes
I've been using AutoHotkey for over 10 years. I've given ~60 webinars on AutoHotkey and have a weekly podcast discussing Robotics Process Automation with AutoHotkey.
I also have over 850+ videos on YouTube teaching people how to automate the mundane with AutoHotkey.
I'm not a programmer by trade so I don't explain things in a way that is ridiculously complicated.
I love helping people automate their daily tasks! AutoHotkey is a "game changer" and will save you an amazing amount of time. Start learning to work Smarter, not Harder today!