How to Create a Luxurious Style Livingroom
What you'll learn
- 1. Understand the role of the Luxurious Style Livingroom within your home
- 2. Understand the 6 key elements of the Luxurious Style Livingroom
- 3. Create your own Story within your Luxurious Style Livingroom
- 4. Apply your knowledge of which items of furniture will reflect your Luxurious Style
- 5. Choose lighting that will serve the creation of your Luxurious Style Livingroom
- 6. Apply your understanding of Renovation, Restoration and Decoration to achieve your best outcome
- 7. Evaluate the importance of Choosing your room anchors
- 8. Understand the role that soft furnishings, play within your room
- 9. To remember that your story is the key, to choosing the perfect Objet D' Art
- 10. Develop the good habit of 'try before you buy' by evaluating the options available to you
- 11. Analyse all your materials when preparing your visual balance before your commit to your full design scheme
- 12. Evaluate what must be achieved before you choose the right trade for the right job
- 13. Set a schedule that will allow for a little wiggle room
- You do not need any design skills to do this course, just a good level of desire and passion to create an unique interior space.
- Tools/Equipment: Access to a printer. 2-5m+ Tape measure, A3/2 Mounting board or Art board, glue stick, masking tape, scissors/scalpel knife, a ruler/metal edge ruler, pencil, cutting mat or surface, black marker pen, a roll of lining paper
How often have you found yourself flicking wishfully through glossy home magazines?
Or have you ever visited glamourous showrooms, and found yourself mouthing the words … 'if only I could live in or create a room like that'.
Well, it is now your time to seize the day!
This course is designed with you in mind. You will learn how to transform the livingroom - which by the way is the most trafficked room in your home - into a beautiful and functional Luxurious Style living space. The skills you will learn on this course are transferable throughout your home. But for this course we will focus on the livingroom. This course is predominately lecture based, although it does contain a number of practical activities and PDF downloads as we progress, to help you to immediately apply what you have learnt, as well as a to-do-list at the end.
I suggest that you watch the lecture video's numerous times. This will ensure that by the end of this course, you will be able to completely design your Luxurious Style livingroom from concept to completion.
You will learn how to:
Understand the role of this Luxurious Style Livingroom within your home
Understand the 6 key elements of a Luxurious Style Livingroom Design
Create your Story within a Luxuriously Style Livingroom
Apply your knowledge of which items of furniture will reflect your Luxurious Style
Choose lighting that will serve the creation of your style
Apply your understanding of Renovation, Restoration and Decoration to achieve your best outcome
Evaluate the importance of Choosing your room anchors
Understand the role that soft furnishings, play within your room
Remember that your story is the key, to choosing the perfect Objet D' Art
Develop the good habit of 'try before you buy' by evaluating options available
Analyse all your materials when preparing your visual balance before your commit to the full design scheme
Evaluate what must be achieved before you choose the right trade for the right job
Ensure that your agreed project manager, understands how to create your Luxurious Style Livingroom, and is committed to seeing this project through from beginning to end
The ideal students for this course are those who is interested in creating a practical, functional and aesthetically pleasing Luxurious Style Livingroom in their home. Or Owners of Boutique B&B's, Air BnB's, Hotels, Domestic and Commercial Businesses, but do not necessarily have a good working knowledge of interior design.
Please be aware that this course, is not intended to provide all of the knowledge needed to become a professional interior designer. As in any professional field, there is a significant amount of education and/or experience that is needed to achieve competency in this field. My intention with this course is to provide some solid foundational knowledge to assist either those individuals interested in "DIY" interior design to work on their own projects more effectively, or to provide supplemental education to both interior design students and professionals.
Who this course is for:
This is best suited for individuals with basic to intermediate knowledge, or for those looking for a refresher course in interior design.
This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to create/design a well-pulled together Luxurious Styled Livingroom (which can also be applied to a family room, dining room, and bedroom).
Who this course is for:
- The student who wishes to have greater clarity and direction on their interior design course.
- The freelance interior designer/stylist who wishes to add this Luxurious Style to their business portfolio.
- The DIY enthusiast who wants to inject a feeling of professional polish into their next project.
- Property developers who wish to ensure that the properties they offer to their new residents are homes rather than just temporary accommodation.
- The everyday slightly nervous person who simply wishes to live in a beautiful home that reflects their own unique personal vintage style.
- Boutique B&B Owners, Air BnB Owners, Hotel Owners, Business Owners
I am absolutely elated to have found the Udemy platform whereby I can now share my passion and knowledge with others just like you. Whilst Interior design is my main career and passion, I am also an experienced interior design lecturer and published author.
My love of all things vintage began in my late teens when I had a boyfriend who owned a beautiful vintage triumph car, (granted as he was also only 19 years old, it was the only car that he could afford), and just like that the smouldering embers that would ignite my vintage passion were lit!
Now that brings me to the present day. I wear beautiful vintage clothes, I live in a beautiful vintage designed home, I run a vintage inspired business and yes, I even drive a gorgeous vintage car.
20 or more years ago, I became an Interior Designer for both the private and public sectors. My love affair with interior design has enabled me to transform the everyday standard of living for my clients as well as for my own family, and close friends for the better.
I believe that a well-designed interior can potentially save our lives by providing shelter, a place of safety, security, sanctuary and even give us hope for the future. Through the decade’s interior design has given me the privilege of being part of one of the noblest professions that the world has now come to appreciate and embrace.
I also graduated as an Architectural Interior Designer from the Inchbald School of Design in the Royal London Borough of Chelsea.
I hope you’ll join me in one or all of my classes, so you too can learn how to create your dream home!