A beginner's guide to interior design
What you'll learn
- Understand the elements and principles of interior design
- Create the perfect balance when arranging a room
- Choose the right color combinations
- Select the best lightning
- Get inspired by the most popular interior design styles
- Apply the correct kitchen ergonomics
- Learn to design a small space
- Organise correctly the space
- Get inspired by a flat design example
- No previous experience needed.
Hello and welcome to my course "A beginner's guide to interior design"! I am extremely happy to have you here. If you want to
• arrange/renovate your home on your own for the first time
• you want to feel more comfortable and happier at your home or
• you just want to educate yourself in the interior design field
.. then YOU are the right student for my course. No worries, there is no previous interior design experience needed. It's the alphabet in interior design that everyone needs, so everyone is welcome.
I've started the journey in the interior design field 6 years ago and started teaching interior design more than 2 years ago on Kajabi. My instagram page balnak(dot)design reached more than 52.000 followers in less than two years. As for now, more than 2000+ students on different platforms enrolled my course and I am highly grateful for each student I've had the chance to teach some valuable information. I give my best to put the best content and graphics together so that I can provide you with the best learning experience. After all, the course represents the basics of interior design that everyone should know.
Just for your information, the course comprises the following lectures:
1.) Introduction - What you will get in this course
2) The Elements of Interior Design: Learn the basics of proper interior design. Achieve harmony in the home through the correct use of space, colors, lights, shapes and accents.
3) Let's lay the foundations: Find out what to consider when arranging a room and how to find the perfect balance between harmony, functionality and budget.
4) Chromatics: Discover everything about colors, what they mean and how to combine them correctly.
5) Lighting: Choose the right lighting fixtures for each room and correctly calculate the light in a room according to needs.
6) Interior Design Styles: Discover 13 popular interior design styles, how each is characterised, and get inspired for your own home.
7) Kitchen ergonomics: Arrange your kitchen so that it is attractive, functional, but also safe for all activities, taking into account the correct placement of appliances, the work triangle and the kitchen counter.
8) Design principles: Find out the ideal distances between furniture items and how to position them correctly in each room.
9) Designing a small space: Discover tips & tricks that help you make a small space seem big.
10) Organizing the space: Learn to optimize the space you have to the maximum, how to organize the clutter and how to efficiently store the things you need.
11) Case study: Come with me on the adventure I lived then in setting up an apartment and find out everything you need to know, from scratch!
Don't just take my word for it, check out what existing students have to say about the course:
"This is my first online learning course in Interior Design, so as a beginner your course has enlightened me on the basic of design in every aspect. I have genuinely learned a lot. Thank you." Sathya K.
"One of the best interior design courses I've did! Gianina takes time to explain everything, it is easy to understand, useful and practical also for beginner interior designer" Veronika D.
"This course is designed with very clear and useful information! I loved the simplicity and clear, qualitative slides. Great for overall knowledge :) highly recommended to anyone!" Mariana S.
Enjoy the course and please do not forget to leave a positive feedback if you enjoyed this course! <3
Who this course is for:
- Interior design passionates
- Home owners
- Beginners in interior design
- Real estate developers
Hello my dear students,
welcome to my profile! I am Gianina and I am a sales professional and an interior designer for 6 years now.
After studying Business Economics and Management, I started working in Sales for Microsoft in Austria. During my free time, I was renovating flats from scratch till I realised that I have a true passion for it, so I started studying interior design.
The time during the pandemic was a game changer for me as I decided to pursue my passion and started teaching interior design on various platforms.
So if you want to renovate/decorate your home, you want to feel comfortable at your place or you just want to educate yourself in the interior design field, then you are the right student for my courses.
If you enjoy my course, please leave a positive feedback :)
All the best,