Interactive PDFs with Adobe InDesign: No-Code Digital
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Set up buttons. Create and edit appearances for each state, specify events, and add actions.
- Create hyperlinks that take users to web URLs.
- Add video content, specify how it will appear when not playing, and add controls for the user.
- Add bookmarks that can be integrated into a button's action, to specify which pages users can access.
- Manage, test, and preview changes to design and interactive elements.
- Use InDesign to easily simulate a mobile environment on a desktop or laptop, for presentation and assessment purposes.
- Students need to know the essentials of Adobe InDesign.
- Adobe InDesign. Free trial at https://creative.adobe.com/products/indesign
- Adobe Reader. Free download at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
InDesign is the industry standard for print publishing, but did you know that you can use it for digital materials, too? Exporting to Interactive PDF format is one of the easiest ways to get working in the digital world. Explore the foundations of common interactive elements, like buttons and hyperlinks, and see how to add video content.
Interactive PDFs with Adobe InDesign is made up of several lessons from my larger course, Create Your Own iPad & Android Publications, which covers other topics, including design principles, Adobe DPS, and eBooks. Interactive PDFs with Adobe InDesign is for you if you know InDesign, and just want to get started exploring digital interactive materials.
Download templates and lesson files if you want to follow along and re-create the examples shown in the video lectures. There's also an exercise that you can do to practice your skills once you've completed the course, or work on as you watch the lectures, instead of recreating the exact examples shown.
Need to boost your InDesign skills? Check out my course, Intro to Adobe InDesign.
- Students with a strong grasp of InDesign fundamentals, who want to start exploring digital publishing.
- Digital and UX Designers who know InDesign, and want a solution to present ideas to teams and clients during the design process.
- Print designers who want to start building digital skills and increase their marketability.
Using InDesign's Interactivity features to set up a button's appearance. (Demo shown in CS5.5)
NOTE: If you'd like to work along with the videos, please go to Section 8 and download the resources. There, you'll find the template shown.
Limitations of Interactive PDF format when viewed on iPad and other devices running mobile operating systems, like iOS and Android. Lecture is shown in InDesign Creative Cloud. All techniques shown apply to earlier versions. See Supplementary Materials for links.