Interactive PowerPoint Presentations Made Simple
What you'll learn
- How to create a cinematic, video like, interactive environment in PowerPoint
- How to develop and build up a simple story, using characters and focusing on conversations
- How to create engaging content in PowerPoint fast and simple
- How to manipulate pictures, characters in PowerPoint in order to create "wow effect"
- How to build up a website-like content in PowerPoint, where you can navigate the presentation as it was a website, with menubar, buttons, homapage, etc
- How to build up a clickable interface in PowerPoint with animations, utilizing the hyperlink feature
- How to work with the zoom and morph functions in PowerPoint effectively
- You will need Microsoft 365 subscription or at least PowerPoint 2019
- Basic PowerPoint knowledge is desired but not required
- In best case you already have your material, subject, product, project that you would like to convert into an exciting and interactive PowerPoint presentation
We go through step by step in a sample presentation and you will build up your virtual environment from scratch. You will learn the basic techniques to develop your story with characters and different scenes. The whole process will be a bit like making your own movie. It will enable you to put yourself in a storyteller role, while we keep the focus on educational and/or selling purposes.
Depending on your content, you can achieve your presentation goals easier, if you can create a movie-like experience. A movie or simply a video clip is never static but dynamic, in every second a surprise can arise, if we enjoy watching it, we don't even have time to get bored, keeping our attention is not even a question. When you explain something in PowerPoint, you can follow the same principles because you have all the tools to make it happen. You will simply need a well developed structure, characters, well fitting pictures, consistency in your design, effective zoom movements (camera movements), then you are good to go.
Enjoy the new PowerPoint that changed the game and utilize it whenever you present, teach, sell or simply explain your knowledge, idea, information digitally.
Who this course is for:
- Teachers, professors, educators, instructors who regularly present to groups, students and use PowerPoint as visual aid to support the learners
- Online course creators, Webinar presenters, all digital presenters on the web, who are to present on the screen and explain their content visually
- Professionals who present on a regular base to clients or colleagues, stakeholders and use PowerPoint (or other software) as visual aids
- Those who are interested in creating videos by themselves but a video editing software seems too complex; with PowerPoint today you can create very professional videos with the techniques learned from this course
- Sales professionals
- Marketing professionals
- HR professionals
- E-Learning Designers
- Startups, freelancers who are looking for budget solutions to create instructional videos but with high quality at the same time
Hi there, my name is Bertalan Köles!
I´m an eLearning Designer, I design digital learning experiences daily, using multiple, very complex software programs but PowerPoint is still always on the list. I often share my knowledge about PowerPoint because this is a very underestimated, yet extremely powerful tool to create amazing stuff. It´s not a secret anymore, but I like to keep sharing this “secret”.
I help trainers, teachers, companies, institutions, corporate education professionals to take their eLearning to the next level.
My story in a nutshell:
Effective knowledge transfer has always excited me, already as a child, when I still didn´t even know what that is. Visualizing, structuring all kind of objects and trying to explain concepts, logical connections led me to become a Prezi software expert in 2014. Some years later it was inevitable that I transferred myself into an eLearning designer, trainer.
Technology has a lot to do with everything in my career. I started with analog trainings, analog tools as mind mapping, etc. Analog education has turned more and more into digital education, so today educational technology is my only focus in the Learning and Development industry. Should you be a person who is interested in eLearning in any fashion, I´m looking forward to welcoming you as my student.