Interactive maps with Mapbox!
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create interactive maps with custom data in Mapbox
- Understand data flow and requirements within Mapbox
- Be able to create a totally custom styled map in Mapbox Studio
- Feel confident using a huge variety of properties for Mapbox features
Get to know your instructor and what we'll be covering in the course.
What are the common data formats and file types that you'll find online and use for Mapbox? This episode goes over general data information when it comes to geography.
Datasets can come into Mapbox as geoJSON or CSV. They have to have specific formats that Mapbox can be very strict about, and they have size limits as well.
This video goes over the Mapbox interface for editing datasets. See the previous video for more information about datasets more generally.
Tilesets are pre-rendered collections of vector data generated from datasets or uploaded on their own. There are many data formats allowed, and specific size formats.
Tilesets can be a little confusing, since you can't edit the data much directly, but you can style it and use the data in your analyses. Zoom levels may be restricted, we will touch on that in later episodes.
- Geographic knowledge is nice, but not required
This course is a wide survey of using Mapbox in modern web applications. It covers everything you need to know: finding and formatting data, styling and understanding the web interface of Mapbox Studio, and building truly responsive and complex web maps using the modern Mapbox GL JS.
This course assumes you come with little knowledge of programming and geographic information, and there are videos to walk you through each step. You'll learn to create big, beautiful custom maps and all the different ways your users can interact with those maps.
It's going to be a great time! Let's get mapping!
- People who want to make beautiful interactive maps using Mapbox Studio and Mapbox GL JS
- Developers looking to increase their skills with interactive maps
- Business owners trying to leverage the power of maps in their applications
- Designers trying to get into making online maps