Interactive Brokers object oriented Python API course
What you'll learn
- Install all the software needed for the API
- Open and configure your account for automated trading
- The basic api structure
- Defining financial instruments
- Retrieving option chains
- Retrieving single prices
- Retrieving price streams
- Getting historical market data
- Defining limit order
- Defining market orders
- Attaching stop loss and take profit orders
- Retrieving order status
- Order time conditioning
- Retrieving profit and loss data
- Retrieving open position data
- How to automate a strategy 24/7
- How to interface with the API using OOP
- General Python knowledge
- General knowledge about financial instruments
Have you perfected your trading strategy and are you now ready to take the next step and have your strategy automatically trading without your intervention? Or are you interested in automatically testing new strategies on a paper trading account with fictional money? Whichever is the case, this course will help you achieve your trading goals, from setting up a paper trading account to fully automatically placing orders according to your strategy.
The course is divided up into multiple parts, each explaining a different topic. We will start by installing all the necessary software, then we will go over all the different account types and settings you need for automating your strategy. When all the software is installed, we will move on to writing an interface for the interactive brokers api. This interface will be the basis for your trading application and it will contain general functions to interact with the API. You will then later be able to use these functions and classes yourself to automate your own strategy. Towards the end of the course we will write an example application that trades the EUR USD forex pair according to the moving average indicator. I will show you how to set up the script to run 24/7. Each part of the course will contain multiple videos where I write code while explaining what everything does. And every part of the course will include the python file we made in the video so that you can experiment with the code yourself. The code will be written according to the PEP8 style guidelines and will be object oriented so everything is easy to understand and flexible to use.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for traders and programmers who are looking to advance their knowledge about automatically trading their strategy on the Interactive Brokers platform using python.
Hi, my name is Coen, I live in the Netherlands and I have always been interested in data science and trading. I'm currently studying Artificial Intelligence and I have always had a passion for trading. I have done many projects involving data analytics, python, backtesting, artificial intelligence and automating strategies.