Intellectual Property Security Awareness
- No prior knowledge of intellectual property is required.
- No prior legal knowledge is required.
The Average Copyright Infringement Claim Costs $130k in Legal Fees to Defend
You don’t have to be a bank robber to be convicted of stealing. Robbing someone of their creative expression is a crime that can lead to million dollar fines and jail time.
Welcome to the world of intellectual property, where using someone else’s trademark, patent, copyright or trade secret can land you in court for counterfeiting, criminal copyright infringement and theft.
In this course, you'll learn what intellectual property is, so you can share it wisely, when it’s OK to use protected works without the owners permission, how to determine what’s safe to share, and what’s too risky, who really owns your Linkedin connections and Twitter account, why accessing someone else’s social media account -- even with their permission -- could be a crime and much, much more.
Before you or your coworkers accidentally infringe on the rights of a litigious intellectual property owner, get this action class right now and learn how to demonstrate respect for intellectual property on social media.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to share content of social media without infringing on the intellectual property rights of others.
- This course is not for attorneys at law. Is it designed for anyone who want to learn how to respect intellectual property rights online.
- 02:45Intellectual Property Security Overview
- 02:02Intellectual Property Security on Social Media Overview
- 01:59What to Expect from this Course
- 03:15How Intellectual Property is Different
I am a digital transformation advisor and digital marketing consultant.
I help clients grow revenue online through B2B growth marketing initiatives using my own, proprietary organic growth framework.
I led the center for digital innovation at Howard Industries, a $1B B2B, launched 2 SaaS start-ups and did integrated marketing for entertainment, media and tech clients at one the world's largest PR Agencies.
I’m a best-selling author of Social Marketing to the Business Customer. Some of the organizations I've advised are Boeing, Cirque du Soleil, City National Bank, Hard Rock Casinos, Johnson & Johnson, Korn Ferry, Lucasfilm, US Dept. of Defense, US Dept. of State, Inter American Development Bank.
My complete library of self-paced, online digital marketing, compliance and security training courses have been taken by nearly a quarter million people worldwide on Udemy and at my own website.
Google "social media training" to find my additional courses.