Intellectual Property Law: Basics
What you'll learn
- Understand different types of Intellectual Property (IP) rights
- Learn how to protect IP rights
- Desire to learn the basics of Intellectual Property Law
- Notepad to make relevant notes
Whether you are an independent freelancer or a small business owner working in a creative industry, or just a person willing to understand what various Intellectual Property (IP) rights are and how to protect them, then this course is for you.
Whenever a graphic designer creates a logo or advertising material, an author writes a song or someone creates a new invention at home, that person has created an IP object.
Therefore, after an IP object has been created relevant rights must be protected so that others do not take advantage of your work,
Thus, having a basic knowledge of IP rights is crucial for anyone working in a creative industry.
Important: This course should not be considered as an alternative to professional legal advice since each case is unique and circumstances vary on a case by case basis.
Who this course is for:
- This course is made for people who are doing business in creative industries, such as art, photography, graphic design, music etc. and who would like to learn how to protect their rights.
- The course is also useful to anyone who wants to learn the basics of Intellectual Property Law.
I am a Legal Consultant from Azerbaijan with more than 10 years of legal experience, with Masters's Degree in Commercial Law from UK University.
My experience includes provision of legal advice to large multinational and small companies, as well as representation in court proceedings.
My goal is to share my knowledge with people who want to learn some basic legal knowledge and improve themselves in other areas of life.