Integrating Technology into a Business English Course
- Access to a smartphone and a g-mail account are highly recommended for participants in this course.
- All the software we will use in this course is free.
This course was created to help ESL and EFL teachers - particularly Business English teachers, navigate technology choices, select appropriate applications for their students' development and execute lessons that are relevant to their students' needs.
We will be discussing various applications and how they can be used in ESL/EFL classes. Part 1 (this course) will introduce all topics and thoroughly cover social media applications: how to set up accounts, examples of how they have been effectively integrated and discovery of creative ways to use Twitter, Skype and Facebook Pages.
Who this course is for:
- Experienced Business English teachers will be able to improve their courses by implementing relevant technology into their courses, thereby engaging their students and enhancing the learning experience.
- Less experienced ESL teachers who are just getting into Business English teaching will be able to seamlessly transfer their ESL knowledge into a Business English course with the help of online tools and common software that their students already use or can learn to use easily.
- If you are teaching in a non-tech environment to an immigrant population without access to technology, this may not be the right course for you.
- 05:24Integrating Technology: An overview of Technology in the ESL Classroom
- 03:31Course Layout
- 02:00Creative Uses of Technology Applications
I'm a native New Yorker and an ESL Instructional Designer - co-author of "English Express New York", a unique approach to teaching Reading and Writing for Upper Intermediate and Advanced students of English.
I started teaching ESL in 1994 while pursuing a career in TV and Film production as a writer and producer. That led me to web production for Comedy Central and eventually larger corporate websites.
Though I love technology and many of the ways it has enhanced our lives, I will always love teaching and interacting with students from around the world.