Integrating Parse into an Android Chat app template
- Download the attached Android Chatt app template (free)
- Eclipse ADT from Google (download free)
Welcome to the MyAppTemplates complete guide to setting up a Parse backend and integrating it into an Android Chat app template, similar to What's App or Viber.
This is a short 7 lesson overview course, for beginner-intermediate developers with some experience with Java programming and Eclipse IDE.
Each lesson is between 5-15 minutes long, starting with an overview of Parse and the existing code on the Android Chat template provided. It's not a 'start-from-scratch' course, it is for people who have an app template already (we provide a free one!) and who would like to add a simple backend API to it.
In the course we'll be setting up a free Parse account, creating the backend classes for our Chat app in Parse, and then integrating the Parse API into our Android Eclipse app template.
It's 7 short lessons, and at the end you should have a simple Android Chat app up and running.
- Beginner-Intermediate developers (Java development experience suggested)
- Introduction: Our app template, and setting up Parse08:46
- App Project overview in Eclipse02:53
- Creating the Chatt App Layouts08:05
- Explaining the Android app code Part 116:30
- Explaining the Android app code Part 215:07
- Implementing & Integrating the Parse Backend07:02
- Testing and Running the app10:03
We create the finest iPhone & Android app templates on the web. We get a lot of questions around app development, API integration, and customisation of our app templates, we decided we would start adding some course on app development and customisation. And what better place to do it than Udemy?
Our team of mobile visual designers put together beautiful, platform ready designs. We put a lot of thought into super useable UX, and often take inspiration from the best apps available in the App Store and Play Store. Our templates are then coded by our dev team. Think of the templates as the app skeleton on which you can build you app’s ‘body’. So our aim is to upload helpful courses that help you develop an app template into a finished app!