Integrate Payment into your SaaS Web App
What you'll learn
- Identify options and processes to integrate payment into my SaaS web app
- Select security requirements and standards for payment processing when integrating online payment methods
- Define the requirements for online payment for my SaaS business
- Select the right approach, tools and services for integrating online payment that fit my requirements
- Plan the architectural changes to the database and server systems when integrating payment service providers.
- Integrate Metered Billing, Invoicing, Taxing, Dunning to improve the revenue and stay legal compliant
- Provision my service to my customers on successful payment and react properly on other events such as payment failure or billing interval changed.
- Identify legal topics that might affect me especially for the European Union in regards of payment of digital services
- No specific programming experience needed, although a fundamental understanding of how SaaS applications are working from a technical architectural perspective is helpful.
- The course is independent of technologies and specific service providers.
Save money, time, and nerves when integrating online payment processing into your web app. This course helps you understand the architecture and workflows behind modern SaaS payment so you can efficiently decide, plan, manage and implement a solution that fits your requirements best.
Efficiently integrate state-of-the-art payment methods into your SaaS web application.
covers different implementation approaches
vendor and technology agnostic
includes payment user experience aspects
complex topics visually explained
covers legal regulations
Understand the big picture to make the actual integration easy and efficient
Integrating payment is so much more than copying and pasting some code snippets from your payment service provider documentation. A payment system must be securely integrated into your development environment, your testing infrastructure, and your database. Your users will become customers when they pay and they have expectations of user experience and security when it comes to payment. Last but not least you need to be aware of the legal requirements that are a lot stricter when doing online payments.
It’s a lot, but don’t panic. This is exactly the course that covers all these topics and gives you tips and best practices from implementing SaaS payment systems for over 15 years.
We will start with the fundamentals of how online payment works. We’ll cover all important terms and definitions. So no matter if you are coding the implementation yourself or managing the payment integration project or leading the development team, after this course you know how everything works and can make elaborate decisions about the integration.
We are not providing a copy & paste tutorial in this course, this is about the bigger picture to make sure you don’t forget to address the important parts when doing the payment integration. It helps you to choose the right payment service provider (from where you finally get some copy & paste code snippets) and how you need to prepare your existing system to fulfill all the technical and legal requirements.
Because payment integration has a high demand for security all payment service providers offer similar approaches to integration. We will cover the different approaches with all the pros and cons to give you the know-how to choose the payment provider that really fits your needs. This course is completely vendor and technology agnostic so all the learned approaches can easily be applied to your existing tech stack and the payment service provider of your choice.
Finally, we will talk about legal regulations, how they affect the payment process, what you need to be aware of, and what you should check with your lawyer and/or accountant. In terms of legal regulations, we focus on the European Union.
By the end of this course, you will have a deep understanding of how the different parts of your SaaS need to integrate and connect with a third-party payment service provider to provide a great UX and secure payment processes. You have the ability to choose a fitting payment service and integration approach based on your requirements. You know the potential obstacles and how best to overcome them. You see and understand the big picture of online payment and know the purpose of each aspect of the integration architecture. With this knowledge, you are well equipped to manage or implement a payment integration project yourself.
About the Lecturer
Christian Haintz has been writing code for over 20 years. He has co-founded more than one startup and created several SaaS products that are being used in over 100 countries. Sharing his insights isn’t new to him either because he has already taught at Universities and mentorship programs.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who wants to make money with their web app.
- Tech Leads, CTO's, Project managers who have to plan or manage the payment integration project
- Everybody who is interested how the integration of a subscription based payment system in a SaaS is done today
We've been developing SaaS web and mobile apps and platforms for customers for over 15 years. In recent years, we've also focused on sharing our knowledge to enable others to build great SaaS products themselves without encountering all the obstacles that come with developing a SaaS without extensive prior experience in the field.