Let's get Firebase and Play Games in Unity - It's not easy.
What you'll learn
- Integrate Firebase Authentication into Unity
- Create a method that signs the user in using the Play Games Provider by Google and Firebase
- Save data to the Firebase Real-Time Database
- Create achievements and unlock them for their players
- Basic understanding of C#
- Basic knowledge about Unity
Setting up Firebase and Google Play Games Services for Unity can be a hassle (really, I know).
There are many different manuals explaining it all in different ways and there doesn't seem to be a single place where you can get all you need to setup your project so it just works. (you're looking at it ;) )
In this course we (you) will create a completely new Unity project and step by step we will add Firebase and Google Play Games Services to our project.
We will then focus on letting the user sign in and how to create a simple leaderboard using the Firebase Real-Time Database. You will also learn how to setup achievements and how to unlock them for your players.
This course will get your started on using Play Games and Firebase and I hope you will find that you've saved tons of time!
Who this course is for:
- People who want to learn to integrate online services in their Unity projects.
- People who want to create a sign-in system for their games using Firebase Authentication.
- People who want to store data about their game on an online database (Firebase RTDB)
- People who to to expand the player's experience with Achievement using the Google Play Games Services
Niclas Gleesborg is an engineer with over 5 years of Software Engineering experience. Niclas is educated from Aarhus University as an ICT-engineer with a focus on mobile devices. Niclas has recently started his endeavour into game development, discovering everything from simple 2d platformers to high detail 3d games. Niclas is a proficient Unity Developer and with a background in Software Engineering, has a focus on code standard and quality.