Become an Algebra Master
What you'll learn
- Operations, including order of operations (PEMDAS) and like-terms
- Fractions, exponents, and radicals, including advanced operations with all three
- Equations and systems of equations, including inverse operations, direct and inverse variation, and distance/rate/time problems
- Graphing, including parallel and perpendicular lines, and parabolas
- Polynomials and factoring, including the quadratic formula and completing the square
- Functions, including domain and range, and sums and products of functions
- Inequalities, including trichotomy and graphing inequalities and conjunctions on a number line
- Exponential and logarithmic functions, including laws of logs, change of base, and graphing
- You should be comfortable with arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) of whole numbers.
- You should be comfortable with arithmetic of decimals, fractions, exponents, and radicals.
- We'll start the course with basic algebraic operations, so if you know those arithmetic basics, you'll be well prepared for the course.
HOW BECOME AN ALGEBRA MASTER IS SET UP TO MAKE COMPLICATED MATH EASY:
This 409-lesson course includes video and text explanations of everything from Algebra, and it includes 117 quizzes (with solutions!) and an additional 16 workbooks with extra practice problems, to help you test your understanding along the way. Become an Algebra Master is organized into the following sections:
Operations and equations
Polynomials and factoring
Functions and graphing
Systems of equations
Exponents and radicals
Ratios and proportions
Factoring and rational functions
Systems of equations
Exponential and logarithmic functions
AND HERE'S WHAT YOU GET INSIDE OF EVERY SECTION:
Videos: Watch over my shoulder as I solve problems for every single math issue you’ll encounter in class. We start from the beginning... I explain the problem setup and why I set it up that way, the steps I take and why I take them, how to work through the yucky, fuzzy middle parts, and how to simplify the answer when you get it.
Notes: The notes section of each lesson is where you find the most important things to remember. It’s like Cliff Notes for books, but for math. Everything you need to know to pass your class and nothing you don’t.
Quizzes: When you think you’ve got a good grasp on a topic within a course, you can test your knowledge by taking one of the quizzes. If you pass, great! If not, you can review the videos and notes again or ask for help in the Q&A section.
Workbooks: Want even more practice? When you've finished the section, you can review everything you've learned by working through the bonus workbook. The workbooks include tons of extra practice problems, so they're a great way to solidify what you just learned in that section.
HERE'S WHAT SOME STUDENTS OF BECOME AN ALGEBRA MASTER HAVE TOLD ME:
"Thank you Krista for making this so clear and understandable! You are a fantastic tutor. A+++" - Omid N.
“At the peak of my mathematical skill level I reached only into the very early stages of learning Trigonometry. Fast forward to now (my early 30's) and by experience alone, realize the infinite possibilities of being a master in mathematics. I chose Ms. King's Algebra course as a review to move past my previous level and must say that I not only ENJOY the course she offers but am getting more from it learning wise than I could have imagined. I wish to complete all of her classes and am extremely confident that her teaching style can get me there. Other than mere reference of other resources, I plan to stay on track with all of Ms. King's courses exclusively. Thank you for a great learning experience!” - Dean F.
“Great! I love how she teaches!” - Fred B.
“The instructor is very clear, both in ideas and in speech. She moves quickly enough to keep your attention, but not so that you get lost.” - Janet M.
“I have been enrolled in several Udemy courses but this course is the best. It's my first time posting a review because I am really happy with how Krista King teaches mathematics. One of the best courses on Udemy.” - Salahuddin S.
“This course is awesome. She explains everything perfectly. And if you want you can complete a test after every video to make sure you understand everything. I strongly recommend it.” - Rafael N.
“The sessions are well planned. Exercises are done at the right times to help consolidate what you have learned during the sessions. Definitely the best math course I have taken. The instructor has done an awesome job with this one.” - Eduardo C.
“The instructor's delivery is clear and engaging. The pacing is effective and the quizzes serve to reinforce the knowledge as I learn it.” - Jeremiah P.
YOU'LL ALSO GET:
Lifetime access to Become an Algebra Master
Friendly support in the Q&A section
Udemy Certificate of Completion available for download
30-day money back guarantee
I can't wait for you to get started on mastering algebra.
- Krista :)
Who this course is for:
- Current Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 students, or students about to start algebra who are looking to get ahead
- Homeschool parents looking for extra support with algebra
- Anyone who wants to study math for fun after being away from school for a while
Math class was always so frustrating.
I’d go to a class, spend hours on homework, and three days later have an “Ah-ha!” moment about how the problems worked that could have slashed my homework time in half.
I’d think, “WHY didn’t my teacher just tell me this in the first place?!”
So I started tutoring to keep others out of that aggravating, time-sucking cycle. Since then, I’ve recorded tons of videos and written out cheat-sheet style notes and formula sheets to help every math student—from basic middle school classes to advanced college calculus—figure out what’s going on, understand the important concepts, and pass their classes, once and for all.