Instrumentation Engineers and EPC of Process Plants
What you'll learn
- Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for design, engineering and selection of multi various Instrumentation systems for the process plants
- He or She controls, manages and interacts with Engineers from various disciplines like Process, Mechanical, Electrical , Civil and structural, and Safety
- This course explains the fields of opportunities available to fresh Instrumentation engineers for specialization for generation of project deliverables.
- In order to achieve the above objectives, the fresh instrumentation engineers need to have specific skill sets and this course gives details of the same
- Fresh Instrumentation engineers will learn the knowledge and skill sets required for EPC of process plants
•Gone are the days when chemical and petrochemical plants were operated manually employing a large number of field operators and local instruments. Modern Process Plants are turning away from earlier conventional solutions that relied on pneumatic, mechanical, or analog technologies as they design new plants or upgrade existing facilities.
•These old technologies have been replaced with state of the art solutions that rely on latest measurement techniques and digital technologies. This transformation has resulted in accurate and reliable data acquisition, analysis and control which has enormously increased the productivity , reliability, and safety of modern chemical plants thus meeting the environmental concerns.
•As a consequence of the above developments, Instrumentation Engineers are called upon to play a crucial role in design, engineering, construction, commissioning and operation of sophisticated instrumentation systems in oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical, Pharmaceutical , Cement, Fertilizer and other process industries mentioned above.
•Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for design, engineering and selection of multi various Instrumentation systems for the above process plants in conformity with the latest National and International codes and standards to meet the safety, environmental and other regulations.
•He controls, manages and interacts effectively with Engineers from various disciplines like Process, Mechanical, Electrical , Civil and structural, and Safety using the latest software & management skills to conceptualize, design, erect, commission and operate the vast and complex instrumentation systems such as digital indicators, flow meters, Coriolis meters; transmitters with digital sensors; and smart instruments with digital signal processing, advanced diagnostics, and digital communication protocols. for smooth, safe and efficient operation of the above process plants.
Who this course is for:
- Fresh Instrumentation Engineers aspiring for a career in EPC of Process Plants
Professional Chemical Engineer having more than 40 years experience in design, detailed engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of Chemical, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Fine Chemical projects
.Technical Skills include process Design, Mechanical Design and Engineering of Pressure Vessels, Tanks, Heat Exchanger to meet National and International Codes like, ASME Sec VIII Divn.1, / TEMA/PD 5500 with experience to use Pressure Vessel software like Compress, PV Elite.
Well versed in use of AutoCAD 2000 and latest versions of software for preparing complete design drawings for Pressure Vessels, Equipment and Structures.
• Design of Plant layout, Utility sizing and selection of pumps, Compressors, Fans etc. Process Piping design calculations using Pipeloss / Pipe net and other software.
• Fabrication and inspection of Pressure Vessels and equipment with knowledge of Quality Assurance Procedures, Documentation and Third party Inspection procedures.