Installing SharePoint For Personal Use
What you'll learn
- Create a personal SharePoint 2013 environment
- Learn how to install Windows Server 2012
- Learn how to install SQL Server 2012
- Create and Manage Virtual Machines
- You only need a good computer and internet
- This course shows you how to get all the required software components.
This course will teach you how to create your personal SharePoint working space. I will take you step by step into this process and will first talk about what are the various options. We will then talk about the pros and cons of each. We will then go into the requirements of creating a SharePoint environment and what are the steps to acquire the required software. You will learn on how to install Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and ultimately SharePoint 2013 in a personal space.
Please note that we will use trial products which will work for 180 days only. Also these installations are not how you will install these products in a professional environment. This installation is for personal use only.
Finally, the skills you learn in this course will allow you to quickly create new environments for other products and even later and former versions of SharePoint.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who need a personal working environment
- SharePoint Admins and Power Users who need a personal working environment
Shahid Mahmood has over ten years in working on the Microsoft Tools and Technology stack specially the Microsoft .NET Platform. He has been working with Microsoft SharePoint for the last five years. He has been involved in deployment, configuration, architecture planning and development of SharePoint applications for clients in the Banking, Healthcare, and Staffing.
Shahid plays tennis (and has a consistent serve), he also plays squash and table tennis. He is new to the Boston area so currently the weekends are spent exploring new places.