Domain Name System (DNS) Administration- Windows Server 2016
What you'll learn
- Creating and managing DNS Zones
- Creating and managing DNS Records
- Root Zones and Nameservers
- Set up DNS Scavenging
- Round Robin Load Balancing
- Ideally access to a test server running Windows Server 2016
Domain Name System (DNS) configuration on Windows Server 2016, topics covered include the following:
* Installation and Configuration of DNS Services - Explanation of how to install DNS with a walkthrough guide
* Creating and managing DNS Zones - Deals with primary, secondary and stub zones
* Creating and managing DNS Records - Covers different types of DNS records
* Explanation of special record types and reverse DNS - i.e. TXT records and PTR records
* Root Zones and Nameservers - Settings dealing with where DNS goes to if it can't find a resource record
* Load balancing - Balances traffic between multiple servers
* Configuring DNS Scavenging - Deals with clearing old and unused DNS records - use with care!
* Securing DNS in a production environment - Prevents potential DNS based attacks
Ideally, any practice should be done on a test environment, as some configuration changes can have wide-spread impact on your organisation if done incorrectly. As with any changes to a production environment, you should be sure to follow your organisation's change control processes as appropriate.
Note that this can vary largely from organisation to organisation, because most of them, and especially the larger ones, will have this in place and often you can only get non-emergency changes approved once a week, at least in my experience.
Who this course is for:
- IT Support Technicians wishing to learn about DNS server management
At Peacecloud, we are dedicated to nurturing the next generation of IT professionals. Our comprehensive training courses are designed to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the dynamic world of technology.
We believe in the power of innovation and creativity, and we encourage our community to embrace their unique strengths to ensure that every individual feels confident and prepared to embark on their IT journey.
Your story is at the heart of our mission. We are here to guide you, support you, and celebrate your success as you continue to evolve and thrive in the ever-changing IT landscape.