Install NGINX, PHP, MySQL, SSL & WordPress on Ubuntu
What you'll learn
- Understand the key differences between Apache and NGINX
- Deploy a Virtual Server on Digital Ocean with Ubuntu 18.04
- Attach a Floating IP to a Digital Ocean Virtual Server
- Connect to a remote Virtual Server using an SSH Client
- Execute basic commands to a server
- Install LEMP Stack on a Virtual Server (Linux, NGINX, MySQL, PHP)
- Configure Name Servers for a Domain Name
- Configure a DNS Zone File
- Install a Free Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate on NGINX using Certbot
- Install PhpMyAdmin on NGINX
- Secure PhpMyAdmin using Symbolic Links and Authentication Gateways
- Install and Configure WordPress on NGINX
- Students will require an internet connection and PC or MAC Computer System.
- Terminal for MAC users or PuTTY for Windows Users
Hello and Welcome to our latest new course. We are glad you could join us on this exciting new learning expedition!
In this course, we are going to be exploring one of the most powerful Web Server technologies available. One that has grown in popularity exponentially since its release - Yes, we are talking about NGINX.
Whether you are an experienced web developer or new to the industry, you’ve likely heard of the age-old debate between Apache and NGINX. Which one is better, what should you use? This course offers a great introduction into NGINX. We will be covering several important topics, such as:
Understanding the difference between Apache & NGINX
Installing NGINX on a Digital Ocean Droplet or any Virtual Server of your choice.
Modifying the NGINX Block Configuration file for hosting Websites
Installing essential components on NGINX such as MySQL, PHP & PhpMyAdmin
Securing PhpMyAdmin using symbolic links and NGINX’s built in authentication gateway.
Securing your hosted websites with free SSL using Certbot & Let’s Encrypt
Installing and Configuring WordPress on your NGINX Server
We will be using Digital Ocean droplets for this course, but you can create a virtual server with any cloud hosting provider of your choice. The configuration steps would be the same, regardless of who you host with. Also, we will be using the latest LTS version of Ubuntu (18.04).
So, if you are ready to dive back into another course and learn a variety of new concepts, hit the sign-up button!
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in learning about NGINX
- Students interested in learning the differences between Apache & NGINX
- Students interested in learning how to deploy a Virtual Server
- Students who want to learn how to execute commands using Console
- Students who want to learn how to connect to a remote Virtual Server using an SSH Client
- Students interested in Installing and Configuring NGINX on Ubuntu
- Students who want to Install and Configure PHP, MySQL and PhpMyAdmin on NGINX
- Students interested in learning how to attach a domain name to a website hosted on NGINX
- Students interested in learning how to install SSL on NGINX using Let's Encrypt
- Students who want to Install & Secure PhpMyAdmin for Database Management
- Students who want to learn how to Install and Configure WordPress on NGINX
YouAccel is a leading provider in online training, offering courses across numerous industries from IT and Development to Business, Marketing, Design, and Productivity.
The e-learning experience provided by YouAccel is Dynamic. Each course is streamed in High Definition with corresponding assignments, quizzes, and exams that are delivered and graded electronically. All YouAccel courses are taught by certified educators that have numerous years of work experience in the field for which they provide instruction.
The courses can be taken at one's own pace and are offered at several levels including beginner, intermediate and advanced. Online courses are also compatible with any mobile device for the ultimate in convenience.
Taking the experience to a new personalized level, live communication with instructors is available through Udemy's online messaging console. All courses come with a certificate of completion and no age restrictions apply.